Posted on :
19 Aug, 2016
19 Aug, 2016
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
Our Mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
Our Vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Field Supervisors (FS)- 3 MicroLead The MicroLead project is a three-year collaborative partnership between UNCDF, CARE International and Fidelity Bank aimed at improving the quality of life of poor people by developing and providing them access to financial services. Through the initiative CARE and Fidelity will bring together their resources, skills and experience to reach 72,500 people across the northern zone of Ghana with appropriate financial services to ensure that they are also financially included. The goal of the project is to provide access to financial education and basic financial services through VSLAs to 72,500 completely excluded people and access to formal financial services to 30,000 VSLA members in the rural areas of Ghana with focus on the Northern, Upper East, Upper West and Brong Ahafo Regions.
Job Title: Field Supervisor (FS)- 3 MicroLead
• The Field Supervisor (FS) is responsible for facilitating the implementation of the project and CARE’s relations with the designated Implementing Partner Organizations (IPOs) namely ; SILDEP in Tumu; PRUDA in Nandom; PAS-Garu in Garu and ORGIIS in Paga and other stakeholders at the district level under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• She /He will provide technical support to the staff of partner organisation in the implementation of the project and ensure information flow between the project team, partners and stakeholders.
• The FS will ensure effective planning and implementation of activities to achieve results in target communities.
• S/he will report to the Project Manager of MicroLead Project. The Field Supervisors (FS) will be in based in Garu and Paga in the Upper East Region and Nandom and Tumu in the Upper West Region.
• Expand the outreach of savings-led financial services (VSLAs) in MicroLead catchment areas.
• Monitor VSLA group development (self-management and transition to maturity as guided by group objectives and work closely with IPOs Field Supervisors to ensure successful scaling up of VSLA groups.
• Develop appropriate need-based delivery channels for extending efficient, scalable and quality financial services to VSLAs and support partners in community sensitization, mobilization and facilitation of VSLAs
• Support in the compilation and analyzing project reports from IPOs to generate project-Level information for donor reports, as well as for policy and project-oriented publications.
• Work with partner organizations to develop quarterly operating plans that will result in widespread expansion of VSLAs in the project areas.
• Support the establishment and strengthening of community based agent systems that are linked to community institutions and other service providers such as Local based NGOs.
• Manage the process of training local organizations in the VSLA methodology
• Conduct situational analysis of existing VSLA groups to determine their training needs.
• Support in building the capacity of existing VSLA and new YSLAs in the areas of financial literacy, Understanding the concept of financial linkage and enterprise development initiatives.
• Support in the preparation and implementation of the VSLA Linkage component. Coordinate this effort with the Project Manager and the linkage officer.
• Work with the M&E advisors/officers to develop quality assurance/learning mechanisms that will enable project team to maintain high implementation standards, effectively assess the quality of VSLA.
• Conduct field visits project areas for case studies and documentation.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in rural Development, Community Development, Agriculture or Business Administration In depth understanding of community managed financial services ( VSLA).
• Experience in VSLA linkage and linkage models
• Strong experience and knowledge of microfinance in Ghana and positive experiences in relationship-building
• At least three years hands on experience in implementing community based programs and relevant experience in capacity building activities and working with rural communities and local NGOs.
• Demonstrated awareness of sensitivity to gender and diversity and knowledge of networking and partnership-building
• Good Analytical and presentation skill
• At least three years of relevant working experience (Village Savings and loans Association model)
• Excellent communication skills and good team player
• Well developed written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders and strong report writing skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate in the local language used in the operational area
• Strong facilitation , People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
Location: Northern, Upper East, Upper West and Brong Ahafo Regions
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:-
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 01 September, 2016
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY