Posted on :
1 Jun, 2016
1 Jun, 2016
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
Our Mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
Our Vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Knowledge Management, Communications and ICT Coordinator- Northern Ghana Governance Activity Project (NGGA).
The NGGA initiative in Ghana is part of CARE Ghana program that seeks to promote and strengthen responsive governance for improved agricultural development in Ghana. CARE is the lead implementer in a consortium for the capacity building intervention located in 26 target MMDAs of the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana. The NGGA consortium brings together first-hand knowledge and expertise in evidence-based, gender responsive development programming in Northern Ghana to empower poor women and smallholder farmers to promote more productive and equitable engagement in Agriculture through training, networking, advocacy and joint action. This Northern Ghana Governance Activity is being implemented with the generous support of the American People, through USAID.
Job Title: Knowledge Management, Communications and ICT Coordinator
• The KM, Communications and ICT Coordinator will lead the design and deliver of communications and outreach strategy. This position will produce and distribute tailored content towards NGGA’s stakeholders including DAs, CSOs and citizens. S/he will also craft key messages and develop partnerships with community radio stations and other local media. In addition, the KM, Communications and ICT Coordinator will provide required communications inputs to project reporting, develop, manage partnership with ICT provider and maintain the Project’s ICT platform. S/he is responsible for knowledge management among project team and Stakeholders and drives the learning agenda within the project. S/he will be responsible for documentation of quantitative and qualitative impacts made by NGGA and collating and sharing Human Interest and Most Significant Change Stories from Strategic Partners.
• The position is based in Tamale but will require extensive travel to operational districts in the three Northern regions of Ghana to support with KM, M&E and Communication events.
• Lead and facilitate the design and implementation of NGGA KM strategy. This includes support to regional project offices and stakeholder platforms with the development and implementation of their KM Plans based on NGGA key governance and performance indicators, ensuring linkages with USAID’s mandatory democratic and rights governance (DRG) M&E requirements.
• Support the M&E Specialist with integrated web and or designing and developing systems for data storage and analysis for NGGA for impact measurement and support CSOs and decentralized local governance systems to develop their own systems / instruments for data collection, storage to monitor outputs, outcomes and impacts.
• Support regional project units to set up knowledge management plans and build staffs’ capacity to implement their KM Plans.
• Lead quarterly multi stakeholder sharing and learning events with relevant stakeholders to enhance collation and documentation of Human Interest Stories, and Most Significant Change Stories.
• Maintain an updated database of donor reports and calendar for donor Technical and financial reporting requirements and DME related events
• Establish and promote information standards, capture and share best practices, approaches, and lessons learned
• Support project regional offices and agricultural related CSO groups to generate quarterly impact information from database in accordance with reporting requirements and to share impacts
• Facilitate and build relevant stakeholders capacity in documentation and sharing of impacts through monthly 1 pagers, Human Interest Stories and Most Significant Changes
• Prepare a Communication Strategy for NGGA outlining what needs to be communicated and with whom. The Communication Strategy should be informed by CARE’s Accountability requirements.
• Develop and disseminate communications materials that convey the scope and breadth of the NGGA work with partners and its impact for a variety of audiences’
• Support media capacity building efforts by Strategic Partners to ensure media plays a lead role in enforcement of community rights and extractive sector governance issues.
• Facilitate effective communication and sharing of information using innovative ICT solutions
• Make use of local media 9radio, community information centers etc) at the districts and regional levels to enhance good governance in the agricultural sector
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Master’s degree in Social sciences, Natural resources, library science, communications or related field
• Experience in organizational knowledge management, learning and creating a culture of knowledge management and communication,
• Knowledge of the agricultural and natural resources sector is an added advantage
Skills and Experience
• At least 3-5 years post qualification experience in knowledge management, database development and analysis, capacity building and working with local NGOs and communities, CSO and public sector agencies
• Demonstrated Communication skills and ability to promote organizational learning and generate knowledge and evidence of impact
• Strategic and conceptual thinking ability and a good team player
• Strong experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
• Proven experience with press outreach and media relations experience
• The ability to work with and influence senior colleagues
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills,
• Extensive experience working in organizational communication as well as public relations
• An in-depth appreciation of IT and its utilization
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook; and, advanced internet searching skills.
• Ability to works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE’s core values and humanitarian principles
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 14 June, 2016
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY