Posted on :
17 Feb, 2011
The Ghana Program of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Catholic Relief Services, an international non-governmental agency specializing in relief and community development is seeking qualified candidates to fill a senior position as Project Coordinator / Global Water Initiative (GWI), Ghanato be based in the Wa Office. The incumbent will report to the Head of Programs.
. Summary Description of Program
GWI aims to support the sustainable and equitable delivery of potable water and improved sanitation to vulnerable rural communities. The program entails linkages in water, hygiene and sanitation delivery and integrated management of water resources with the longer-term processes of policy and behaviour change, and building water constituencies in the water sector for the general improvement of livelihoods. The initiative supports innovations that add value to other on-going programs at local, national and regional levels.
B. Primary Functions
The GWI Project Coordinator plays a key role in delivery of the GWI partnership in Ghana. His/her task is to ensure that the national partnership delivers the programme according to the agreed parameters and ensures visibility and accountability of the programme at national level. He/She is a direct liaison with the GWI Regional Secretariat and cluster lead to promote regional learning and field approaches to Watsan and Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) in the field, and is tasked with coordinating the national work of the Partners under the responsibility of the Project Steering Committee.
C. Key Job Responsibilities
The coordinator will undertake the following broad tasks:
· Provide dynamic leadership, technical support and team coordination to the GWI-Ghana consortium and effectively liaise with all GWI program constituents
Ensure program quality and efficient delivery of GWI activities
· Ensure that all GWI partners pursue a programme of continual learning, documenting and capitalising on GWI experiences.
· Represent the GWI programme locally and nationally to Government, decentralized authorities, NGOs, private sector, etc, and to existing and potential donors as appropriate.
· Ensure the security and efficient management of all resources made available to the program including staff or consultants contracted by GWI Partners for effective program delivery
· Provide an effective reporting interface with the Regional GWI Secretariat and donor, including implementation of agreed regional Monitoring and Evaluation programmes.
In delivering these tasks the Coordinator works closely with all national GWI Partners and needs to build a consensus in order to ensure effective functioning of the project team, from CRS and CARE staff.
As part of the CRS Ghana Country Program, the GWI National Coordinator will be a part of the Senior Management Team of CRS and expected to contribute to Strategic Program Planning, Financial Program in addition to Program Quality and Growth as pertains to Wat/san portfolio.
A. Qualification and Experience
Position will be based in the CRS/CARE Consortium office in Wa, the Upper West Region
How to apply:
– Salary: Commensurate with experience