The Horticulturist is the head of the University’s Horticultural Unit and reports to the Director (Administration) of the University.
Job Title: Horticulturist
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the University’s plants, parks/gardens together with all issues relating to landscaping
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Unit and University as a whole
- Takes responsibility for the operations, growth and harvesting of various types of plants in and around the University campuses
- Prepares technical specifications for plant variety protection
- Assists in the formulation of design policies for the University
- Conducts training for all horticultural and gardening hiring
- Assists in the procurement and maintenance of horticultural machines, and implements
- Maintains regular inventory of such equipments
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum qualification of bachelor degree in horticulture or related field
- Knowledgeable in all types of plants
- 10-15 continuous years of practical institutional and managerial experience in ornamental horticulture (technical educational park administration is desired)
- Field experience in horticulture, parks and gardens especially in tertiary educational environment is desirable
- Must possess excellent knowledge in ornamental horticulture in all areas, plant propagation and cultivation principles of nursery management, basic principles of landscaping.
- Have Natural aptitude for gardening, care and maintenance of plants
- Supervisory skills in supervising diverse subordinate staff
- Report writing, facilitation and communication skills
How to Apply
- Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit completed application forms
- Application forms (can be obtained either by downloading from www.central.edu.gh or from the Office of the Director, Human Resource Directorate, Miotso Campus or Call 0303 951478/ 0303 935687 or 0289 546164 for further enquires)
- Application letter
- A 2-page statement indicating how one intend to use the period in office to address relevant issues pertaining to the function:
THE DIRECTOR (HRM) CENTRAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE P. O. BOX 2305 TEMA Interested persons can submit soft copies of their CV and other relevant documents to [email protected] Deadline:
- Completed Application Forms should be submitted to the Director, Human Resource Directorate, Central University College, Miotso, by 21st. June 2016.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.