The RFS is expected to lead by example and demonstrate the highest level of ethics at all times. He/she supervises and directs all staff, labourers and facility service workers and contractors. Under the direction of the Recreation Director, the RFS develops, plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises all programs and activities at the club. He/She must have experience interacting with children.
Job Title: Recreation Facilities Supervisor
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates facility operations to include program development and scheduling, coordinating contractual instructors and registrations for instructional classes.
- Assists with the development of facility policy and procedures.
- Coordinating building maintenance and custodial services, managing facility equipment inventory.
- Assists with facility reservations; contracts with in-house and private entities; ensures contracts are correct, complete and accurate; enforces all contractual obligations.
- Responsible for the effective supervision and administration of assigned staff including staff organization and development, payroll, performance evaluations, employee relations, completing required reports, budgeting and purchasing, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
- Collects revenues and accounts for all funds received from facility rentals and instructional class registrations; prepares invoices and receipts; generates deposits; completes and maintains detailed fund records and reports.
- Enforce safety rules to prevent injury and administer basic first aid.
- Interacts with patrons and others outside the work unit to obtain and provide information and assistance in a variety of circumstances.
- Monitors events and patrols facility during events to prevent theft and vandalism and to enforce rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation/Leisure Studies/Sports Science/Physical Education or a related field and
- 3-5 years’ experience within the relevant fields or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Recreational Programming – Thorough knowledge of recreational programming and recreational facility operations include professional recreational philosophies, principles and practices.
- Customer Service – Thorough knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Safety – Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and safety regulations related to recreational activities and other work related precautions.
- Supervision – Knowledge of leadership techniques, principles, and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Health & Safety – Based on assignment, possession of current and valid CPR, First
- Aid and Personal Safety Certificate issued by a recognized body i.e. the American Heart Association or American Red Cross etc.
- Computer Skills – Utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, customer information and POS system and related software to complete a variety of administrative tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees at all levels, representatives from all departments, organizations and patrons of the facility. Effectively responds to and resolves complex inquiries and disputes.
- Judgment/Decision Making – Evaluates the best method of research and then exercises appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and resolving matters. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Team-Work – Demonstrates excellent team work skills as well as the ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively so others will understand. Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
- Coordination of Work – Ability to establish and implement effective administrative programs and procedures. Ability to plan and organize daily work routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology. Performs a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Financial Management – Ability to perform arithmetic and statistical applications to perform purchasing and financial transactions.
- An acceptable general background investigation to include Police Checks, employment checks, character reference and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- This position additionally requires pre-employment medical evaluation.
- Requires the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. Some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight.
- Tasks may additionally involve extended periods of time at keyboard or work station.
Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds and visual cues or signals whilst most tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as, humidity, temperature extremes, traffic hazards, infectious disease, or rude/irate customers.
How to Apply
Kindly send CVs to email@example.com