Monitoring & Evaluation/ Knowledge Management Specialist
CHF International is an international development organization founded in 1952 that works in post-conflict, unstable and developing countries. We partner with communities around the world to help them to direct the improvement of their lives and livelihoods. We believe that the people best suited to decide what a community needs are the people of the community itself. CHF is a politically neutral, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, that prides itself on an approach which is accountable, efficient and effective.
Reports To:Country Director
CHF International is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)/Knowledge Management Specialist who will ensure the development of a central monitoring and evaluation system to coordinate the implementation of program activities in accordance with organisation’s standards.
The ideal candidate will report to the Country Director and oversee the design, implementation and monitoring of project M&E systems and ensure compliance organisation’s standards.
Programme Planning and Implementation
- Ensure each project has an appropriate M&E system and in collaboration with Project Directors develop action plans to implement the plans
- Provide hands-on technical assistance and coaching to the organisations’ staff and partners to ensure M&E approaches are in-line with organisation’s standards of performance
- Design and implement project M&E system assessments, provide assessment findings and recommendation reports to the Country Director and Project Directors
- Contribute to the development of all proposals, providing technical input for the development of results framework M&E Plans and other key M&E documents..
- Manage the CHF International/Ghana M&E projects’ database
- Work with Project Directors and Partners on the incorporation of CHF M&E Standards into on-going and new projects
Staff Development and Training
- Assist in the capacity building of all programming staff for M&E tools and systems
- In collaboration with the Project Directors, and the M&E staff, identify the training needs of each M&E staff and design appropriate staff and partners to systematically improve the M&E practices
- Review the performance plans of M&E/Knowledge Management Unit staff and provide guidance and coaching
- Coordinate the M&E activities all projects to ensure high quality implementation and reporting
- Supervising the work ethics of M&E and Knowledge Management staff and assist them in the performance of their duties
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Continuously asses methodologies and instruments for the collection, documentation and analysis of data and the reporting of outcomes
- Make field trips to check on the progress of project implementation by local partners and provide on-side support where necessary
- Provide support to project to conduct baseline, mid-term and end-of-term evaluations
- Provide technical support to partners in the area of M&E
- Provide input to projects in the preparation of all progress reports.
- The M&E and Knowledge Management Specialist is to provide data findings for further analysis by the Project Directors
Partner Liaison and Communication
- Share M&E findings/reports with projects, local partners and donors.
- Carry out all other duties and assignments that may arise as directed by the Project Directors or Country Director
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications & Skills:
- A Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies/Planning, Statistics, Qualitative analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation for Developments programs or related degrees.
- At least 4 years experience in project monitoring and evaluation at an international project or organization
- Computer literacy in MS-Word, MS Excel, Statistical Software (SPSS and database management.
- Experience in designing and implementing participatory planning and evaluation methods.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing M&E databases
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a learning agenda
- Capacity to coordinate and supervise work of data collection teams and coordinate information systems management from multi-disciplinary project managers
- Sets clear goals and managers towards them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manages finances with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning Agency-wide competencies
- Upholds a Spirit of Service and Integrity
- Cultivate Constructive Relationships
- Promotes continuous learning and innovation
How To Apply
Application should be forwarded to:
Closing: 08 Jan, 2012