The Chief Financial Officer shall be responsible for the overall management of the finance department (including the accounting, treasury management and administrative divisions), the application of proper accounting standards, internal controls and strategic financial planning.
The role reports to the Managing Director
- Supervise and manage the bank’s accounting function and staff ensuring the overall application of proper accounting standards and compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Propose financial objectives and targets for the annual budget and long-term financial projections to senior management.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process, in coordination with other departments, and regularly compare performance against these objectives.
- Supervise and manage the bank’s treasury management function and staff ensuring the cost-effective and efficient management of cash and funds.
- Oversee and control the administration of transactions generated by the bank’s delivery of financial products and services.
- Ensure clear and efficient reporting and communication with shareholders and regulators.
- Lead the department’s management team.
- Report any internal control deficiency to senior management and the auditors.
Required Skills or Experience
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, or other recognized accounting certification.
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or related area of study.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior financial management experience, preferably in a bank or financial institution OR graduate degree in business, accounting, finance or related area of study and minimum of 7 years of senior financial management experience, preferably in a bank or financial institution.
- Experience in budgeting, risk management activities, asset and liability management, international accounting standards, and management accounting systems.
- Must have knowledge of Ghanaian accounting and tax regulations
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Understanding of financial software packages
- Knowledge of international standard accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the financial sector’s regulatory and legal frameworks in Ghana.
- Investment management skills
- Experience in banking or micro finance and commitment to the social mission of micro finance.
How To Apply
Please send CVs to:
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Closing: 11 Aug, 2011