Report To: IT Business and Client Services Lead
Function: Information Technology
Responsible for Applications, Databases , Business Process Optimization and acts as a backup for Client Services Specialist.
Overall responsible for the support of Business and Mining Applications,
- Responsible for Supporting ERP and other business applications. Develop new in- house Applications on as need basis
- Controls activities relating Mining applications, database management, and business process alignment to IT
- In-charge of all server and database backup and Recovery policies and procedures
- Support the work of the Client Services Specialist
Key Activities / Decision Areas:
- Responsible for the systems and user administration of ERP systems and other applications
- Responsible for 2nd & 3rd level system support of all the Business and Mining Applications hosted by IT.
- Install hardware and software upgrades according to established specifications for all Business and Mining Applications hosted by IT.
- Performs regular back-up of all servers and ensures others comply with back-up policies and procedures for all applications and platforms.
- Executes recovery procedures according to established guidelines for all supported applications.
- Administers appropriate security by granting access privileges for applications and users of database objects and ensures that all applications are properly licensed
- Develops database models, definitions and standards for administering enterprise databases as well as performing maintenance on all application and Database components as needed.
- Monitors all database systems to ensure the enterprise functionality of the database and the availability and quality of system data.
- Develop in house applications and work flows using K2 and other work flow tools
- Uses appropriate tools to monitor database physical space usage and takes appropriate and timely corrective actions when needed.
- Liaise with third party vendors to ensure the smooth transition of projects, into post implementation support
- Effectively liaise with key end users in all business areas to understand their needs and explore IT solutions to address such needs’
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring of critical business systems, and the immediate investigation and resolution of issues that affect production and escalation to Head of IT where necessary.
- Reviews and analyses proposed hardware and network changes which may affect any of the applications performance. Determines impact of changes and escalate to head of IT
- Keep up to date documentation on operational framework, processes and procedure on all applications and databases.
- Assists client Support team in resolving end-user issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by Head of IT
Required Skills or Experience
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience
Education Qualifications & Certifications:
- BA or BSc in Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional certification; in MCIT SQL server 2008 or above, OCP, MCITP (Business intelligence or option), SharePoint etc.
- ITIL Foundation & SharePoint Certification will be an advantage
- 4 – 5 years experience in an Enterprise IT development or operational
- environment for Business applications and other systems.
- Experience supporting ERP’s, example JD Edwards and other Mining application
- Excellent knowledge of business process optimization and IT alignment
- Hand on software development and analysis skills
- Experience in supporting client server based software applications.
- Experience in working on virtual servers environment
- Hands on experience on Crystal Reports 10, K2 and SharePoint
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SQL Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services
- In-depth knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modelling
- Experienced in working with SQL Server, Oracle and Informix databases
- Strong ability to analyze and develop user requirements
- Strong report writing and data query skills (SQL Server, Oracle, Informix
- In–depth knowledge of relational database structures, principles and practices
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be flexible to work beyond normal working hours as required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with users, peers, and management.
- Results oriented and deadlines driven
- Good work ethics and personal behaviour
- Takes initiative and Innovative
- Age not more than 30 years
How To Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should please apply to the address below to:
The Human Resource Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online
Offer valid till: 09 May, 2013