Head Of Department – Department Of Nursing
- Develop a Departmental Strategic Plan based on the University College Strategic Plan.
- Curriculum Development.
- Facilitation of accreditation and maintenance of academic standards.
- Supervision of Departmental Lecturers.
- Ensure a dynamic and progressive research environment for the Departmental staff.
- Provision of University College level academic instruction to students according to the syllabi.
- Assessment of academic performance of students.
- Supervision of students project/practical work.
- Oversight responsibility of external moderation of examination questions and marked scripts.
- Serve as a mentor/counselor to students
- Promote and represent the Department both internally and externally.
- Ensure that University College’s equipment/facilities under the Department’s control are properly maintained.
- Ensure that all Departmental staff have access to the necessary support to enable them contribute fully and develop their skills and experiences
- And any other responsibility that may be assigned by the President.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a practicing Christian
- Must exhibit high sense of work ethics and diligence.
- Must have proven capacity to motivate and inspire students
- Candidates should have an earned PhD or MPhil and BSc in Nursing from a recognized University.
- Must have considerable number of years of headship, teaching and research experiences at a University or comparable institution.
- Must have an active Pin number of the Nurses and Midwives Council of Ghana.
- An international professional affiliation would be an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who qualify should send their application letter, curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and names and addresses of three (3) referees to:
CHRISTIAN SERVICE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
P O BOX 3110
Or Submitted in person at Christian Service University College Campus, Odeneho-Kwadaso Road, Opposite Star Guest House, Kumasi.
Closing date: 2nd Nov, 2011