Posted on :
13 Dec, 2016
13 Dec, 2016
The Ghana franchise remains a key contributor to the NPC/FI Business in SSA. Aggregate revenue of this business is in excess of USD 15MM p.a.
• Support to provide coverage primarily for the FI customer base in Ghana and the rest of the portfolio being primarily Public Sector names; mitigate risks associated with the business and support to grow revenues.
• Act as a Trusted Advisor to the CBM/Unit Head on business trends and opportunities available in the country, assist in preparation of strategy documents/reviews and when required deputise/provide back up in absence of the business manager.
• To manage risks associated with facilities extended through annual credit reviews and regular contact with the customer
• Understand the country Economic and Political environment and provide inputs in the preparation of the Scenario Plan
• Increase revenues, market share and customer penetration
• Franchise support – Provision of lines to both Treasury and Cash Management Businesses
• Prepare/Analyse Credit Approval packages for the review of facilities annually and Monitor and identify relationships that require remedial management.
Job Title: Analyst/Senior Analyst
JOB BACKGROUND/CONTEXT :
NPC/FI business across Ghana focuses on Banks, Sovereigns (and selectively on Corporates). It is a product agnostic portfolio and is primarily driven on the basis of transactional banking products (including Cash, Trade and Security Services), FX and capital raising across DCM and CMO product families to name a few key product contributors.) The NPC/FI-Ghana RM will report into the CBM.
• Participate in setting and achieving marketing goals that have been agreed with the CBM. At a minimum meet the set business plan on revenues, volumes and customer acquisition, cross-sell and management and prevent customer attrition.
• Responsible for the marketing initiatives, assessment and maintenance of transactions/relationships falling directly under coverage. Must make positive contribution to the Unit revenues through driving and supporting origination of Episodic and BAU transactions.
• Identify and target several new relationships with a minimum revenue potential of $100M. Increase the SOW on clients who are multi-banked. Responsible for reaching a revenue target which will be agreed on at the beginning of the year.
• Support to provide Coverage to a complex portfolio which includes FI clients and Governors of Central Banks, senior Government officials in various Ministries especially Ministry of Finance
• Position the bank as a partner of choice while identifying, developing and building relationships with new and existing customers at various levels within the customer organisation.
• Ensure that the Customer Satisfaction and loyalty is maintained at high levels.
• Continuously develop and enhance the business focus and target market of the key areas of the business in this sector. Maintain the momentum of calling on existing and prospect customers for TTS / FICC business. Continuously enhance credit skills in order to increase responsibility on credit business.
• Active contribution to Country Risk Reviews for NPC countries (where XB risks are discussed, and limits and watch list status of countries re-validated)
• Managing credit risk from the portfolio and clients as appropriate / required for an aggregate TFA of c. USD 1bn.
Controls and Compliance:
• Compliance / AML responsibility (KYC Renewal) for the portfolio ensuring pristine compliance standards are adhered to across this high AML risk portfolio.
• Ensure compliance of customers under coverage and all regulatory requirements (including Additional Information Requests) are met,
• Bachelor or Masters (preferred) Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Maths (other areas of specialization would be considered on a case by case basis).
• English pro-efficiency is a must.
• Prior work experience in Citi in the areas described above (Risk, Banking, and TTS) a strong plus. Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience
• Strong analytical and credit skills a plus;
• Self-starter and personal initiative
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Team work
• Process focus
Skills and Competencies :
Effective selling and negotiation skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Working knowledge of Citi products and credit policies/ procedures
• Credit Skills – understanding of financial statements and ability to perform financial analysis/credit appraisals.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer