A Legal Services firm seeks to hire the services of a lawyer whose responsibilities include:
- Conducting research work and studying about a case very thoroughly and proceeding further with the legal actions.
- Preparing and creating legal contracts on behalf of the client.
- Preparing all documents and making reports related to the corporate issue very confidentially.
- Carefully examining all the documents and reports of the client.
- Providing analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues which may include; proposed new products, protecting intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial offerings, financial structuring, securities offerings, compliance issues, nondisclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements and business strategic planning.
- Providing legal counsel for client on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits.
- Developing and recommending policies and positions on legal issues.
- Conducting and coordinating research into a variety of legal issues.
- Representing the client in various legal proceedings.
- Preparing legal pleadings, motions, discovery, stipulations, etc.
- Writing, reviewing, and editing reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Writing and administering complex vendor, client, and employment contracts.
- Developing and recommending of operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Maintaining the information of the legal documents of the clients very confidentially and disclosing when required as per the rules and regulations governed by the law.
- Ensuring that the rights of the clients are protected
- Regularly updating and interacting with the company’s board of directors about the progress of the case.
Required Skills or Experience
The ideal candidate must;
- be a member of the Ghana Bar Association
- have three (3) to six (6) years’ experience in high value, corporate and commercial work.
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- have the ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- sound knowledge on all the corporate law procedures and principles
- have good time management and managerial skills
- have good analyzing skills
Experience in energy or finance sectors is a plus