Posted on :
11 Aug, 2016
11 Aug, 2016
Construction is the process of constructing a building or infrastructure. Construction differs from manufacturing in that manufacturing typically involves mass production of similar items without a designated purchaser, while construction typically takes place on location for a known client.Construction as an industry comprises six to nine percent of the gross domestic product of developed countries.Construction starts with planning, design, and financing; and continues until the project is built and ready for use.
Large-scale construction requires collaboration across multiple disciplines. An architect normally manages the job, and a construction manager, design engineer, construction engineer or project manager supervises it. For the successful execution of a project, effective planning is essential. Those involved with the design and execution of the infrastructure in question must consider zoning requirements, the environmental impact of the job, the successful scheduling, budgeting, construction-site safety, availability and transportation of building materials, logistics, inconvenience to the public caused by construction delays and bidding, etc. The largest construction projects are referred to as megaprojects.
Applications are invited for suitable qualified Ghanaians for appointment by a reputable construction company to fill the undermentioned vacant position
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a graduate with a degree in BSc. Building Technology or HND in Building Technology
• Must be a highly motivated individual who understands the importance of the company’s objectives
• Must be proactive and must have high sense of responsibility
• Must have a least 2 years of working experience
• Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
• Must be ready to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
• Must be prepared to travel outstation i.e extensively within the country.
Age Limit: Applicants must not be more than 40 years by the next birthday
Location: Upper East Region, Bolgatanga, Bongo District
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with up-to-date detailed CVs together with copies of relevant certificates, should be sent to the e-mail address below:-
Closing Date: 17 August, 2016