Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) is a national body set up by an Act of Parliament of the Republic of Ghana to co-ordinate and oversee all aspects of technical and vocational education and training in the country. Our major objective is to formulate policies for skills development across the broad spectrum of pre-tertiary and tertiary education, formal, informal and non-formal sectors.
We are establishing Ghana’s Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system to improve the productivity and competitiveness of the skilled workforce and raise the income generating capacities of people, especially women and low income groups through provision of quality-oriented, industry-focused and competency-based training programmes and complementary services.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- The M&E Officer will provide support 10 the Head of M&E in all aspects related to monitoring and evaluation activities with the purpose to effectively implement and co-ordinate the Project Support Units M&E System.
- He/She reports to the Head of M&E Division.
Scope of Work/Key Responsibilities for the Consultant:
- The M&E Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of M&E and carry out any other project tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator
- The M&E Officer will work very closely with the entire project team to accomplish the following tasks:
- Contribute to the developement/improvement of M&E system for each of programme components.
- Assist the Project Co-ordinator in the development of Annual Work Plans and Budgets Develop the Annual Work Plans and Budgets
- Contribute to the identification and designing of performance questions, key indicators and formats for monitoring.
- Carry out field monitoring trips on a regular basis, including collection of M&E performance indicators and data entering into the M&E database,
- Lead in the preparation of quarterly, half yearly, annuals reports, completion and other ad-hoc reports.
- Contribute to the documentation and collection of information related to case studies and special researches.
- Assist as required in external monitoring, review and evaluation mission visiting the Project sites.
- Assist in constantly reviewing the required M&E tools to timely measure inputs, outputs and outcomes (such as surveys, tracer studies etc…,)
- Assist in updating the Operational Manual throughout the Project life, to maintain a valid ‘alive’ document.
- Assist in co-ordinating with other PSU team members to ensure timely and adequate response to flags triggered through the Project beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports that reflects an overall assessment of the Project and provides adequate recommendations to resolve issues as they arise; as well as develop ad hoc reports as needs arise.
- Participate in the Bank’s supervision of the Project and assist in producing quarterly and annual implementation progress reports, and the Implementation Completion Report
- Assist in checking that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future actions. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps.
- Assist in guiding and supervising the implementation of special surveys etc. Required for evaluating Project effects and impacts.
- Carry out any additional related tasks as assigned by the Project Co-ordinator.
The Consultancy period will be twelve (12) months and renewable for six (6″) months based on performance
Required Skills or Experience
He/She must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate degree in economic/ finance/ administration/ sociology/development studies or in any related field.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of donor-funded projects.
- Working experience in the Ghanaian business environment, and networking, data gathering and data analysis should be supported with documents as evidence.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation of an AfDB Education Project or other donor funded projects including data Collection and analysis.
- Computer skills in applicable fields especially on data analysis packages.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Ghana
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Willingness to perform field visits and to interview Project beneficiaries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Proficiency in using office suits (such as Microsoft Office and Open Office)
- Fluent in written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to work in multinational environment and with multiple external parties.
How To Apply
The Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) (the Project Implementing Agency) now invites interested and qualified individuals to submit typewritten application letters and curriculum vitae indicating that they are qualified to perform the services for the positions described above. These should include:
- Description of similar assignments
- Experience in similar conditions
- Availability of appropriate of appropriate skills
Typewritten expression of interest must be delivered by 4,00 p.m, on 7th September, 2016 at the address below:
H/se no.2, 2nd Nii Kokonya Road East Legon Near American House Accra – Ghana
The Project Coordinator Project Support Unit (PSU) Council for Technical and Vocational Education Training (COTVET) P. 0. Box MB651 Accra
Only short listed individuals will be contacted.