IMA World Health is seeking applications for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for an anticipated DFID-funded violence against women and girls (VAWG) opportunity in Ghana. The Preventing Violence Against Adolescent Girls (PVAAG) program aims to contribute to the long-term reduction in the prevalence of VAWG as well as strengthen the evidence base on what works to mitigate violence against adolescent girls (aged 10-19) in Ghana. S/he will provide oversight, for all programme activities ensuring continuity of programmatic objectives and targets as they relate to the initial indicators. The M&E Advisor will report directly to the program Team Leader.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
- Provide technical assistance on organization and programmatic improvement in robust M&E best practices.
- Develop robust meta-evaluations on key topics.
- Provide on-going support to strengthen PVAAG program level monitoring and evaluations.
- Provide high-level M&E support and capacity-building to DFID staff and other stakeholders.
- Support design of appropriate indicators.
- Communicate findings to a wide range of relevant development partners and stakeholders.
- Develop technically sound findings, recommendations, lessons learned reports and findings.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (PhD strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in high-level, strategic M&E and strong technical expertise in evaluation methods, including innovative and best practices for robust analytical methods and analysis.
- Proven experience in evaluating complex climate change projects and climate change funding streams, defining lessons learned and recommending strategies for improvement.
- Prior experience working on DFID-funded projects preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and clients in a results-based manner.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and facilitation skills.
- Ghanaian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.