GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD (Ready to Drink) and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The role holder will need to develop, support and implement specific plans to achieve standards
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and safety regulations to achieve zero LTA (Lost time Accident).
- Achieve the site asset care Key Performance Indicators by ensuring compliance with engineering maintenance planning and execution, engineering statutory regulations and standards, and the Diageo Safety and Risk Management Standards.
- Implement asset care and perfect plant agenda to achieve manufacturing excellence through the execution of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and providing technical input into the engineering teams in collaboration with the maintenance planners.
- Implement best engineering practices and champion asset care management to positively impact on OEEs (Overall Equipment Efficiency), through the management of asset care PM plans, the scheduling and resourcing of asset care activities, the supervision, reporting and closure of PMs and the provision of appropriate documentation.
- Provide input into Asset Care Reporting and ensure that SAP data requirements on plant maintenance are met in full with the highest integrity and at the right time.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing team to achieve the AOP (Annual Operating Plan) in conformance with all engineering standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Degree/HND in Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Research skills
- Manage complexity
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success