The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)/ a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Librarian
The Librarian shall be responsible for the leadership and general administration of the Institute’s Library in respect of human, financial and material resources within the framework of GIMPA’s statutes and policies.
- The successful candidate shall report to the Rector.
The successful candidate shall:
- Manage employees, products, services and goals of the expanding library of the Institute
- Design and implement an overall strategic plan for the development of the Institute’s library
- Build on existing resources and services to create a modern library which would respond to teaching, research and learning programs of the Institute
- Recommend and implement systems that would create a seamless extension of the library that provides scholars with access to evaluated, organized, archived, and preserved information in any format
- Supervise a smooth transition of old products and services to new ones
- Create effective cross-departmental working relationships and assist both in-house and outside scholars with world-class library services
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by top management
Key Performance Indicators:
- Plan and implement short and long term goals
- Establish an enabling infrastructure and lead a rapidly growing library
- Build and implement modern library systems
- Design work processes to match human resource development.
- Supervise and train staff
- React efficiently to new challenges and needs of senior management
- Understand critically the full process of modern library management and cope with complex and varied responsibilities
Terms of Appointment:
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) academic years in the first instance and may be reappointed for further terms of four (4) academic years each, subject to satisfactory performance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Management or related field
- Ten years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be in a top management position
- Must have proven expertise in academic library management
- Strong knowledge of library practice from traditional management systems to modern portal technology
- Strong knowledge of library management and evidence of ability to create and lead an academic library
- Strong management, team and business-process building ability
- Proven record of scholarly work (authorship of books, journal articles, professional practice manuals, etc.)
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.