Posted on :
8 Dec, 2016
8 Dec, 2016
Established in 2002, the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is the leading organisation promoting child protection in cocoa-growing communities. ICI works with the cocoa industry, civil society and national governments in cocoa-producing countries to ensure a better future for children and contribute to the elimination of child labour.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
ICI seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Associate, who under the supervision of the National Coordinator for Ghana (and technical supervision of the ICI Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist based in Côte d’Ivoire) will be responsible for the following monitoring and evaluation tasks
• Supervise the implementation of ICI research studies, programme evaluations and child labour prevalence surveys, ensuring data quality and best practices are adhered to.
• Develop appropriate data collection methodologies and tools.
• Undertake regular field monitoring and data collection activities to track progress and impact.
• Support the Programme coordinator and Supply-Chain Project Coordinator in preparing technical progress reports.
• Conduct data cleaning, validation and verification of field-level data (identifying concerns).
• Analyse quantitative and qualitative data and produce high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
• Provide support to programme staff on data collection needs and relevant training to strengthen the capacity of staff on monitoring and evaluation.
• Support the design and development of mobile data collection apps/tools and databases;
• Develop data collection training materials, train enumerators, and manage field data collection teams and processes.
• Design and supervise survey data collection and project evaluations (including sampling processes).
• Identify, document and disseminate data and learning which contribute to good practice or learning.
• Ensure the revision of the various projects data collection tools and programs;
•Provide evidence-based proposals to the National Coordinator and Programme Coordinator on how to improve project and programme performance and monitoring and evaluation processes.
• Review existing external documents and data, contribute key learning and findings to the ICI data knowledge database.
• The position is based in Accra with extensive travel to ICI’s project districts in Ghana, with possible travels outside of Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies or any other relevant field;
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in monitoring evaluation, including in the design, implementation and management of field-level data collection.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies and database management.
• In-depth knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Knowledge of the concepts of child protection and child labour including its causes, dimensions and effects.
• Ability to consolidate information from different sources and develop knowledge materials and reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint) as well as other database and statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS or STATA; SAP Lumira and CSPRO 6.3 – CSEntry for mobile is an advantage).
• Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English, and a Ghanaian language preferably Twi. Knowledge of French (desirable) would be an important plus.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and including salary expectation (gross per month) and earliest starting date to:-
email@example.com .Please use the following subject in your email: “FIRSTNAME + FAMILYNAME + Ghana M&E Associate”
Please note that this role is not an expatriate one but a national position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16 December, 2016