Posted on :
5 Jun, 2012
5 Jun, 2012
Hewelett-Packard Ghana is looking for a Customer Engineer
· Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high risk.
· Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create. solutions for customers.
· Resolve single- and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve usually complex or cross technology incidents.
· Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area
· Apply HP solutions to meet highly complex customer needs.
· Identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
· Provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
· Build and maintain strong relationship up to senior management level in assigned accounts.
· Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise.
· Assist in managing delivery of industry support solutions.
· Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
· Lead cross-team or large programs/projects.
· Coach or guide junior consultants. Manage major/complex and strategic accounts. Impact though the expertise, quality of service and influence of advice. Provide leadership within team. Provide team level leadership
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 5- 7 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Thorough knowledge of HP products and services offerings, HP organization, competition, third party products and market trends.
Broad knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies.
Comprehensive business, technical or functional knowledge at an expert level.
Communicate tactfully with diplomacy up to senior management levels within an organization.
Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level. Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative). Able to employ exemplary consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination. Well versed in core technical competencies and peaked in some technical area(s) Intermediate skills in project management, communication, analysis and presentation. Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Actively builds deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and expands knowledge base through development of associated but unfamiliar areas
Service Opportunity Review
Understands HP’s installed base and the range of service contract coverage available, and applies this knowledge to advance and expand opportunities
Customer Experience Management (remote)
Interfaces effectively with customers and internal resources to promote trusted advisor status of HP within accounts and facilitate uniform account support
Acts quickly to resolve customer issues in a way that retains trust and maintains delight with HP
Customer Technical Information Sharing
Builds trust & confidence in HP’s technical consultative capabilities through education & assistance
Services Support Policies & Procedures
Applies understanding of HP service organization and functions to support internal and external customer requests
Technology Services/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by Technology Services Business Unit (BU) solutions, and HP’s strategy for market penetration
Technology Services/BU Solutions
Understands Technology Services/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
Technology Services Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions – TS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP’s partner strategies
Technology Services/BU Implementation
Understands the strategy and customer requirements involved in deploying software solutions
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
If you are interested on this job opportunity please apply online through www.hp.com/go/jobs or send your CV at [email protected]