The mission of Daasgift Quality Foundation is to maintain a proactive organization on a sustainable basis for the provision of micro-financial and non-financial service to the rural and urban poor towards poverty reduction, wealth creation and promotion of clean energy.
Daasgift Quality Foundation is currently partnering with E+Co, Energy in Common, and CHF International to provide solar lanterns to off-grid communities, improved mud stoves, fish smoking trays and gas stoves to women and communities in the Western region of Ghana.
Daasgift is also increasing access to household energy finance for the poor and under-privileged. It also sensitizing communities, women and children on good health, sanitation, environment and effects of climate change. Daasgift’s initiatives are at the regional level.
DAASGIFT Quality Foundation is a registered FNGO that seeks to improve lives through financial literacy and empowerment. Since 2014, DQF has been a partner of the USAID/Sustainable Fisheries Management Project which seeks to rebuild targeted fish stocks through the adoption of sustainable fishing methods and exploitation levels. Under this project, DQF works with fish processors and communities to improve post-harvest value chain, financial literacy and extension of portable solar energy to vulnerable communities.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
This role combines strategic direction to the implementation of the USAID/SFMP project and an overall operations of DQF including resource mobilization both locally and internationally.
Required travel time is about 50 – 75% to project destinations in Takoradi, Ankobra and Shama.
- Build a strong and vibrant Project Development and Management Unit.
- Ensure the growth of Daasgift through product/programme diversification and resource mobilization
- Assist Administrative team and Executive Director to review and develop Policies that are required for the effective management of the organization.
- Lead in the implementation of the standard operating procedures to ensure that DQF has good standing among its partners (government, donors and other CSOs).
- Prepare a Three-Year Business Plan with an annual Operating Plan which are reviewed on an annual basis to guide the operations of the organization
- With the support of the team, prepare and run daily programmes/ activities for the organization
- Ensure strict adherence to financial manual that guides the financial management of the organization
- Ensure the efficient management of resources and assets to ensure Operational Self Sufficiency of the organization
- Ensure that appropriate accounts are kept for all funds received
- Develop and Lead the fundraising activities of the organization to ensure the availability of resources for the sustainability of the organization
- Lead in preparing proposal for RFPs.
Networking, Advocacy Technical Support Role
- Build a strong working relationship between Daasgift and its external stakeholders Development Agencies, Networks and other Sister organizations etc.
- Ensure continuous visibility of the organization in the Microfinance Industry, clean/renewable energy and developmental industry in-country and externally,
- Source for Technical Support for the organization
Ensure that Team’s Training Needs Assessment are carried out and a training plan put in place for implementation
- Ensure the adoption of an appropriate Training Manual for the organization
- Ensure SFMP project beneficiaries’ training needs addressed
Reporting & Publications
- Ensure team members submitting required reports on time
- Submit accurate monthly Programme reports to the ED and partners.
- Ensure that regular mandatory reports to Partners/ Regulators are submitted on time
- Collaborate with Finance to prepare and circulate Annual Financial/ programme Reports
- Develop periodic (quarterly) publications and share on website, social media and Partners.
- Perform any other duties that shall be directed by the ED
Functional Competence (Technical):
- Strong data collection and analytical skill, deep knowledge in M&E skills
- Strong Advocacy and lobbying skills
- Ability to promote and market organisational interest in operational areas
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Build and Develop strategic partnership with stakeholders, financiers and donors.
- Ability to leverage resources from government agencies and development partners/the Donor community etc.
- Job knowledge and excellent communication skills, Team leader and team building skills,
- Computer literacy – Be proficient in Micro Soft office applications
- Knowledge in Quickbooks and other accounting software is an advantage
- Office environment: 25% office based working
- Field activity Support/Monitoring: 25%
- Outside office engagements: 50%-strategic relationships & networking, lobbying, advocacy/negotiations/fundraising; meetings, conferences.
Required Skills or Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education in a related field preferred
- Training and competency in M&E methods, SPSS, SMART methodology for conducting surveys is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies; Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnership.
- Experience and competency in proposal development, report writing and grant management.
- Proven ability and record of accomplishment in business development in the international development context.
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills.
- Effective communication, with Clients, project team and executive director.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable, to learn new skills and apply existing skills to new areas of business.
How to Apply
Send CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 25th September, 2016