Posted on :
30 Mar, 2017
30 Mar, 2017
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company and we are presently seeking enthusiastic, experienced, self-motivated Dispensing Technologists to join a dynamic team in our Pharmacy.
Job Title: Dispensing Technologist
Key Responsibilities will be:
• Assisting the Pharmacy Services Manager in the day-to-day running of the pharmacy.
• Dispensing medications in an accurate and timely manner.
• Working with Pharmacy Assistants to deliver excellent customer service.
• Ensuring that all pharmacy operations are conducted in accordance with pharmacy policies and procedures, legal requirements and Quality Care Pharmacy Standards.
• Ensures proper storage of all medications including refrigerated items.
• Supervises inventory control of pharmacy stock to an acceptable turnover in order to minimize the amount of expired drugs including daily requirements from the wholesale department.
• Provides drug information, including adverse drug reactions and contradictions to patients (clients).
• Schedule adequate staff and coordinates the activities of physical inventory for the pharmacy department monthly.
• Participates in Quality Assurance activities within the department as well as throughout the company.
• Must be proactive in addressing issues or services requiring intradepartmental coordination.
• Actively promotes the use of the Quality in Practice process and tools in order to establish an atmosphere of continual improvement.
• Refer patients to the clinic or other health professionals and agencies when appropriate.
• You will advise clients (patients) and answer questions about prescription drugs
• Answer questions about possible side effects and interactions among different drugs; provide information and make recommendations about over-the-counter drugs;
• You will supervise personnel, as well as have other general managerial duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: HND Dispensing Technology from a recognized Institution
• Current registration as a Dispensing Technologist with Pharmacy Council, Ghana
• Experience: Experience in community pharmacy, possesses administrative and management skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communications
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Knowledge brand and generic names of medication
• Monthly Sales Management Report
• Monthly Inventory Report
• Weekly Procurement List
• Report on any controlled substance dispensed monthly
Location: Accra & Takoradi
How to Apply
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: [email protected] (please state job title in subject line)
Closing Date: 07 April, 2017