Data bank is the leading investment firm in Ghana. Our mission is to help Ghanaian achieve financial independence by providing financial literacy and offering a diverse range of investment products and services. Data bank offers investors a range of products and services that include wealth management, institutional funds management, pension fund management, brokerage services, corporate finance and research services.
Job Title: Data Base Administrator
Data bank is looking for a Database Administrator to join our IT professionals.
Job Purpose & Summary
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Information Technology and work closely with the Information Technology team, to proactively monitor and tune all database systems to ensure 100% availability and to ensure optimal performance.
- Installation of new software – Installing latest versions of Oracle software, MS SQL server.
- Security Administration – Monitoring and administering DBMS security. Creation of roles, profiles and auditing.
- Data Analysis – Data extract management.
- Liaising with third party software companies to effectively manage code drops.
- Report writing experience using script or crystal report.
- Proactive Monitoring of database performance.
- Proactive tuning/optimization of all database systems.
- Cloning databases across multiple locations for testing purposes.
- Implementing regular disaster recovery tests.
- Reviewing backup and recovery strategies.
- Testing and exploring new database features
- Implementing an effective patch management system.
- Scheduling regular performance tuning exercises.
- Managing and mentoring junior team members.
- Implementing and documenting all change management processes.
- Documenting all database and application processes and schedules.
- Other assignments as directed by management.
Terms and Conditions apply
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related studies.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a Database Administrator (DBA)
- A solid understanding and experience of relational database management systems such as Oracle and SQL Server. Oracle Architecture, Oracle Security, Backup and Recovery Procedures, Space Management.
- Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios.
- A solid understanding and experience of systems analysis and design with Systems Testing Experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, willingness to learn new technology, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, a good team-player.
- Programming: Web/Desktop Applications. Languages (C#, Java, ASP.NET, PHP, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Good communication skills with management vendors, internal and external clients and other related service providers.
- Experience in visualization.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows/ Linux/ Mac OS.
- Problem management/ Change management.
How to Apply
If your profile fits the requirement outlined in this job watch, please send your CV and an application letter to c[email protected] by December 12, 2016 with the subject “Database Administrator”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.