Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified team leader for a short term evaluation project in Ghana. USAID/Ghana seeks to conduct a performance evaluation of its Accountable Democratic Institutions and Systems Strengthening (ADISS) Program. The program aims to support the ongoing efforts of and increase the capacity of anti-corruption Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Ghana. The program supports the CSOs in motivating citizens to apply pressure to policy makers and institutions in an effort to reduce corruption in Ghana. This evaluation will identify the successes of the program, evaluate achieved results compared to program indicators, and distill lessons for future programming in the region.
Job Title: Evaluation Adviser
- In conjunction with Democracy International, conduct document review and produce initial desk study and evaluation design;
- Manage a team of local subject matter experts and logistician during data collection in the field;
- Conduct in briefs and out briefs with USAID Mission representatives and other key stakeholders;
- Draft initial evaluation report on the ADISS program, respond to comments from Mission and prepare the final report; and
- Ensure efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, oversee quality control and reporting, and interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and Government of Ghana officials.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in social and economic development or related field, a Ph.D. is strongly preferred;
- At least twelve years of relevant evaluation work experience if holder of a master’s degree, or eight years of relevant work experience if holder of a PhD;
- Demonstrated record of successfully supervising local experts and producing high-quality analytical reports;
- Strong analytical skills to collect, analyze, and synthesize data;
- Experience with anti-corruption, governance, and rule of law projects required;
- Experience working in Ghana preferred;
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Strong team management and supervisory skills;
- Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, and academia;
- Fluency in English required;
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural team; and
- Strong technical English writing and communication skills.