The Diocesan Health Service (DHS) of the Catholic Diocese of Koforidua within the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) and the Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG) networks wishes to announce the following vacancy as scheduled below:
Job Title: Nursing Manager (Matron)(2)
Major Responsibilities / Duties
- Oversees the day-to-day administration of the nursing department including planning, budgeting, monitoring, supervision and reporting
- Liaises and cooperates with the relevant departments for the procurement and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Provides technical support to various unit heads under his or her supervision
- Provides inputs into the determination of training needs of professional and other categories of nurses under his or her supervision
- Assists nursing staff appreciate and apply appropriate nursing standards while maintaining Christian ethical standards of nursing as well as communicating changes in policy and procedures to them
- Serves as a member of the health facility Management and Quality Improvement teams etc
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: National Catholic Health Service Conditions of Service
Required Skills or Experience
- A Registered Nurse Certificate in addition to at least a certificate in midwifery and/or public health nursing, critical care nursing, peri-operative care nursing, ENT nursing and ophthalmic nursing.
- A good first degree in nursing from an internationally recognised institution is a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to manage people, mentor and train nurses on the job, prepare budgets and report on the activities of the department.
- The applicant should have practiced nursing care for at least Eight (8) years and should be on the minimum rank of Principal Nursing Officer or be eligible for it by December 31, 2016. Prior experience in nursing care management in a hospital setting is an advantage. Applicants with experience in the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
All applications in response to this advertisement should be accompanied with most recent curriculum vitae and sent to the address below by Friday December 16, 2016:
Diocesan Health Service
Catholic Diocese of Koforidua
P. O. Box KF1750
OR Email: [email protected]