Posted on :
4 Jan, 2017
4 Jan, 2017
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
By an Act of Parliament the Government of Ghana acquired the company from its private owners in 1962. In 1971, the company became a statutory corporation through a legislative instrument – the Graphic Corporation Instrument, 1971, LI 709. This was in compliance with the Statutory Corporations Act, 1964 (Act 232). The company, therefore, became known as Graphic Corporation.
We require a confident leader to manage the procurement of materials to facilities operations and production of GCGLs newspapers to enable the company realise its business objectives within the framework of strategy, budget and company policies and work procedure
Job Title: Procurement Manager
The successful applicant will be required to track the local macro-economic indicators to ensure the company takes maximum advantage and must be abreast of the world economic outlook and trends in the newspaper industry, particularly on how they would impact on GCGL’s business to be able to recommend and to advise on overseas procurement to the advantage of the company.
• Source for raw materials and capital items and services, ensuring that GCGL obtains best value for money for its purchases
• Recommend and abide by GCGL’s inventory policy ensuring availability of raw materials for production whilst maximizing working capital
• Ensure timely and efficient clearing of materials at the port and ensure minimal demurrage charges
• Responsible for recommending reviews of GCGL procurement procedures and ensure compliance by line management to protect the interest of the company
Skills / Competencies required
• Skills and competencies required
• Strong business awareness and analytical skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Strong customer centered orientation
• Highly motivated with strong drive and ability to exert positive influence to achieve key deliverables
• Excellent verbal written communication and presentation skills
• Strong computer literacy skills
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Procurement, Business Administrations, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
• Membership of the Institute of purchasing and supply/supply chain management institute
• 5 years relevant experience in the paper industry
DESIRABLE: Working knowledge of the media industry
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
P.O.Box GP 742
Alternatively, you may email your application to the Human Resource Operations Manager at:-
Closing Date: 06 January, 2017