Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for the overall financial administration of the project, including but not limited to: smooth administration of project operations, forecasting and tracking field office expenditures, and overseeing daily financial management to include expense reporting to Home office, periodic financial reports to the Chief of Party, payroll administration and administration of other accounts payable or receivable, financial record keeping, monitoring the Project bank account(s), and petty cash administration.
This position is located in Accra, Ghana.
- Work with the COP to prepare and update a pipeline and forecast of the field office expenses including identification of areas where cost savings or great efficiencies can be attained.
- Work with HQ financial staff to ensure accuracy of overall project pipelines.
- Maintenance of all financial files, submission of monthly advance funds requests.
- Prepare and submit monthly advance funds requests together with a monthly report on projected cash needs.
- Compile monthly finance reports and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the proper handling of all financial aspects of the program including the maintenance of proper systems, assessment of financial aspect of proposals and other submissions, any training needed for project staff, the proper tracking and reporting of financial flows and communications to and from the home office with regards to grant payment status and upcoming actions.
- Maintain financial files, including but not limited to expense reports and bank account reconciliations to Home office, payroll, accumulated leave, and tax withholding records, bank account and petty cash balances, travel and other advances, financial reports to EDC staff, USAID, or the Government of Ghana and related correspondence.
- Oversee and ensure maintenance of book keeping and accounting practices according to the requirements of USAID, EDC, and the laws of Ghana to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for project operations.
- Oversee effective completion of tasks to review all invoices, bills, vouchers, or other documents for accuracy and completeness before paying them, collection of accounts receivable
- Review and execution of all tasks related to staff salaries and payroll reporting,
- Perform additional tasks at the direction of the Chief of Party and/or her/his designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Masters and 7 to 8 years of experience or BA and 11 years of experience
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting practices (experience with USAID projects preferable)
- Experience administering payroll and related income tax withholdings and benefits
- Excellent organizational skills and experience maintaining financial filing systems and reporting documents
- Experience producing financial reports for internal and external purposes
- Experience working with accounting software such as QuickBooks or equivalent
- Experience procuring goods and services and providing additional operational support
APPLICATION CONTACT AND DETAILS TO APPLY
This is a local Ghana position. The salary, currency and benefits (if applicable) follow EDC Ghana’s policies and standards. There is no relocation available with this position.