Posted on :
17 Sep, 2010
17 Sep, 2010
If you are considering volunteering this summer, challenge yourself, choose Africa. Serve in Orphanages, Hospitals, Clinics, Schools, HIV/AIDS centers, and as groups in constructions of classrooms and learning desks for needy students and orphanages.
Apply to go with Elghana today. If you follow up on this information and apply and complete registration within the limited time, for any volunteering dates between May and December, we shall offer you stipends when you arrive.
* USD 100 stipends for stay period of three weeks
* USD 150 stipends for stay period of four weeks
* USD 250 stipends for stay period five weeks to seven weeks
* USD 300 stipends for stay period eight weeks to ten weeks
* USD 350 stipends for stay period eleven weeks to twelve weeks
* Play with orphans.
* Help orphans with the home work.
* Help orphans dress up for school, games and bed.
* Help orphanage staff prepare food for the orphans.
* Assist midwives in deliveries in rural clinics.
* Offer nutritional education and advice to mothers.
* Assist local health workers in providing treatment and minor surgeries for the sick.
* Experience the diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases like Malaria, etc.
* Teach Basic English, mathematics, or social studies in schools, you receive adequate orientation if required.
* Teach in disability centers.
* Help women groups.
* Work with youth projects.
* HIV/AIDS education and campaign.
All aged 16 years and over are qualified. Interest should be adequately expressed, by an intention to pursue a career in a related field, already a student in the related field, a professional in a related field or a passion for the area of service.
Admin (Health Services)
Type of Programs
Community Service / Volunteerism
Cost in US$:
From USD 550 for food, accommodation, other costs.
In-country staff support
Written materials pre-departure
Please refer to Description in regard to stipends.
Ghana: Accra, Cape Coast, Kumasi and 2 other cities; Kenya: Mombasa, Nairobi;Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara; Uganda:Kampala
Throughout the year
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Open all months and days in the year