As the official representation of Switzerland, the Embassy covers all matters concerning diplomatic relations between the two countries. It represents Swiss interests in the areas of political, economic, financial and legal affairs, as well as science, education and culture.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
The post requires a multi-skilled person with strong administrative and operational skills, who has a deep knowledge of the socio economic and political landscape of Ghanaian society and is demonstrably adept with delivering and advancing internal administrative procedures and processes. The optimum candidate is highly motivated, has a strong leadership drive and motivation, a developed sense of initiative, a team player with demonstrable analytical skills and the aptitude for and enthusiasm to achieve measurable and time bound objectives in a broad area of individual responsibilities including:
- Organizing the agenda of the Ambassador;
- Providing regular socio economic context;
- Organizing of meetings and events;
- Management of small projects;
- Strategic communication with the private sector, governmental organizations and civil society;
- Strong organizational skills for the many internal requirements (archives, records management, Human Resources, minutes taking, staff events, travel arrangements etc.) and monitoring and evaluation for impact and cost effectiveness,
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Economics and or Administration from a recognized institution or an equivalent combination of
- education, training and experience (minimum.5 years) working in a multinational organization or similar environment;
- Perfect English language skills, high level of French or German (speaking, reading, writing);
- Proficient with standard workplace ICT equipment, ability to develop and maintain databases and budgets and supporting the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation impact assessments;
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in dealing with the partners of an Embassy;
- Has worked as a trusted and confidential employee assigned to a high level principal.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to organize and structure work according to priorities
- Ability to meet critical deadlines; willing to work overtime exceptionally;
- Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships with staff, management and partners;
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment and meet with new tasks and duties.
- Personal integrity;
- Effective performance also under pressure;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective professional working relations with partners, staff and management.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven experience in working in an administrative or operational profile for minimum 5 years in an international organization or environment;
- Proven experience as a team player and a leader in delivering from A-Z small projects;
- Strategic knowledge of the political and socio economic landscape of Ghana that can be scaled up for Togo and Benin;
- Proven office organizational and file management skills, strong ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated high computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs;
- Understanding and ability to work with established policies and procedures;
- German or French
- Proven level of professionalism and dedication to meet the required profile;
- Willingness to work flexible in response to changing organizational requirements;
- Discretion and security conscious;
- 3 References that speak to the core requirements – Strategy Communications and Initiative; Administration and management; and Strong Interpersonal and
- Leadership skills working in a multinational organization or an international environment.
How to Apply
If you feel your qualifications and aspirations meet the job profile please send a cover letter, your complete CV, 2 letters of reference, and supporting documents (diplomas etc.) to
Deadline: 7th September 2016
No questions bye-mail or phone will be answered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.