A non-profit organization established almost 20 years ago to provide optimum orthopedic care and improve quality of life in Ghana and other countries.
We are looking for a confident, strategic, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Development Manager.
Summary of functions
To create, coordinate, and manage all aspects of development for the hospital and to oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to marketing the organizations brand and fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors and Executive Management to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Establishes and implements a wide range of advancement policies and procedures for individual donors, contributing members, corporations, and foundations.
- Prepares and submits grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
- Responsible for identifying and establishing potential sponsors and settling on the appropriate targets for funding for patients.
- Plans, develops and implements PR strategies.
- Acts as the focal point to the public.
- Manages the PR aspect of developmental projects.
- Be a visible and approachable resource to staff on all PR & Marketing.
- Researches the market and adopts tailor made approach to branding the Organization in Corporate Ghana.
- Be familiar with market trends on fund raising especially in a non-profit organization, taking into consideration the spirit of philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Analyzes the media coverage for the organization on monthly basis and send reports.
- Liaises with advertising /marketing entities on promotional events that highlight the organization’s existence.
- Designs and implement strategies in signing on Insurance companies (both local and international).
Health and Safety
- Ensures personal safety as well as that of other staff working within the office .
- Promotes adherence to health and safety policies, guidelines and protocols across the Hospital.
- Ensures quality assurance systems are in place for monitoring quality and for investigating incidents and complaints in the department/unit.
- Acts as a role model in quality improvement, offering advice and support to others.
- Keeps up-to-date with quality developments relevant to area of work and related.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum BSc Marketing / BSc Public Relations
- MSc Marketing / MSc Public Relations is desirable
- Membership of the Chartered Institute Of Marketing or Institute Of Public Relations.
- A minimum of Five (5) to Ten (10) years working experience with respect to your level of education.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of state legislation affecting nonprofit organizations
- Assertiveness ability to express opinions, and needs in a direct, honest and appropriate manner and having determination and energy in pursuing goal
- Pleasant appearance, easy to approach
- Possess high level integrity
- Excellent Social/interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize activities, people and events
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their Cv’s [email protected]