Posted on :
8 Jul, 2016
8 Jul, 2016
The Governing Council of Enchi College of Education announces the search for a dynamic and innovative person with proven administrative and professional abilities to be appointed as Secretary of Enchi College of Education. The successful applicant shall be expected to assume duty by 1st September, 2016.
The College has a student population of over 900 and staff strength of about 90. It has the vision of developing into a national centre of excellence in teacher preparation. Currently, the college offers the Diploma in Basic Education programme in two areas, namely, General and French.
Job Title: Secretary
The Secretary is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is answerable to the Principal of the College in the discharge of the administrative duties of the position. He/She is also responsible for all administrative, secretarial and personnel matters of the college which include:
a) Human resource management
b) Keeping and maintaining the inventory of the college’s asset
c) Administration and organization of admissions
d) Organization of examinations and publication fo results
e) Organization of all official ceremonies including matriculation, congregation and convocation.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree, preferably in Administration and Management related areas, but a Ph.D. degree in these areas will be an added advantage
• Must have served as a Deputy Secretary in a college of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution / organization for at least four (4) years
• Must demonstrate proven administrative and professional competence
• Must possess excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills
• Must demonstrate ability to supervise staff
• Must be sober, mature and with a drive for sound and impartial judgement, innovation and resourcefulness
• Must not be more than Fifty-Six (56) years by the time of appointment
Tenure of Office
• The successful applicant will hold office for a minimum of 4 years from the date of appointment before retirement.
Conditions of Service
• The terms and conditions of office will be specified in the instrument of appointment.
Location: Enchi – Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their CV, with contact address, email, fax, telephone numbe (s), qualifications, working experience, etc
Applicants should submit, in a minimum of two (2) pages and a maximum of six (6) pages of A4 paper in double spacing type-written, a succinct statement of how the performance of their role would support the Principal in achieving the College’s vision
Search Committee for College Secretary
c/o The Principal Enchi College of Education
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them to the above address.
Closing Date: 15 July, 2016