Switch Site Engineer (Core)-00040239
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally. Over 1,000 networks in more than 175 countries utilize our network equipment and 40 percent of all mobile calls are made through our systems. We are one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards.
Provide onsite 1st line intervention to CORE MSC/BSC, BACKBONE and switch site facilities including supervision & monitoring for UPS & Hybrid power systems.
- Data Transcript (SS/BSS) handling & troubleshooting
- Core AXE/MSS/MGW/ TRX fault escalation & performance analysis & investigation
- SW rollout support & SW Level Consistency checks
- Outage reporting, IREG and adherence to 1st and 2nd level switch support processes
- Monitor schedules for maintenance of MSC sites and data center DC Rectifier, UPS, stabilizer and Inverter power systems, checks on performance of all nodes, supervise clean power systems and recommend proactive measures to ensure optimal performance and avoid failures.
- Provide design and support; suggest changes to specification and standards to vendors on preventive and corrective maintenance programs
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years experience in telecoms, particularly in a performance reporting, performance tools support
- Have a good power management and technical background in the power industry
- Deep knowledge of Zain customer network and infrastructure will be a key advantage
- Highly developed business and human competencies
Interested candidates for this position should apply online at www.ericsson.com/careers and search jobs by country ‘Ghana’ to be considered for this exciting role.
- Closing date for submission of applications is 3rd June 2011.
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.