Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally. Over 1,000 networks in more than 175 countries utilize our network equipment and 40 percent of all mobile calls are made through our systems. We are one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards.
The purpose of MS field technician role is to perform the following field activities: corrective and preventive maintenance, planned work as well as provisioning of Multi-Customer, Multi Technology networks
- The Field Technician is working with Service/Resource layer activities associated to Infrastructure and Readiness-Fulfillment and Assurance.
- The Field Technician must provide 1st level resolution during site disturbances and required corrective activities.
- The Field Technician is responsible for the On-site Field Operations activities of the services(s) and/or resource elements in the Network, within his/her Functional Skill(s).
- The Field Technicians shall be aware of contractual SLA requirements on a customer by customer basis; Achieve correct level of first time resolution of work within contract SLA and be committed to strive and complete all work assigned within SLA timescales and to adhere to established procedures and quality standards.
- The Field Technicians shall participate in a 24 x 7 x 365 callout Rota, and they have to work out of hours/out of area to support reactive and planned work requests.
- Field Technicians works under guidance of MS Engineer and/or MS Technicians and follows pre-prepared Work Instructions, Procedures and/or routines and also demonstrate proactive self-development in order to ensure ability to work across multiple customer networks and equipment.
- Field Technician replaces faulty assets in the network equipments, fills in the trouble reports and sends the faulty spares to the repair centers.
Required Skills or Experience
- Technical Diploma or University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- At least 2-5 years experience in telecoms, particularly in a field operations and maintenance
- Deep knowledge of customer network and infrastructure will be a key advantage
- Moderately developed business and human competencies
Interested candidates for this position should apply online at www.ericsson.com/careers and search jobs by country ‘Ghana’ to be considered for this exciting role.
- Closing date for submission of applications is 3rd June 2011.
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.