Posted on :
10 May, 2016
10 May, 2016
The European Union Delegation to Ghana has announced the following vacancy in the Administration Section of the Delegation – REF VAC-2016-01 ADMINISTRATION.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job location:Delegation of the European Union to Ghana
Area of activity: Administration
Post No: 748
• To provide financial and administrative assistance to the administrative section under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration and in close collaboration with the Accounts Officer.
• To analyse financial information and prepare monthly financial reports.
• To provide financial and administrative assistance on matters related to procurement and to act as help-desk on these matters.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Keeping of the daily Imprest Account
• Preparation of the monthly financial report and bank reconciliation (local and foreign
currency) and the timely submission of these to Head Office
• Introduction of amendment requests (ABD) and return of funds to Head Office where needed
• Introduction of legal entity and bank account details of third parties, and forwarding of these to Head Office and follow-up of validation
• Bank Transfers; suppliers, inter-account transfers
• Provide training and assistance on ABAC Workflow
• Preparation of payroll for local staff members
• Follow-up on replenishments from Head Office
• Analysing invoices and monitoring budget consumption before payment
• Calculation of mission expenses for officials and contract agents
• Regularisation of Imprest Account
• Regularisation and matching of HB Accounts
• Follow-up of provident fund for local agents
• Budget revision together with the Head of Administration
• Correspondence where required
• Replacing the Account Officer when absent
• Prepare the local agent contract and upload the necessary info in Edel-Hrm
• Prepare the Note verbale linked to the financial aspect of on official (Tin Number request, VAT refund,
Qualification Required & Experience
• Full secondary education required. University degree in accounting required.
• Part 2 of Chartered Accountant Ghana Certificate
• 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or procurement procedures required. Demonstrated ability to act independently with only limited supervision.
• Excellent knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices as well as of analysis and reporting.
• Good knowledge of public administration financial and budgetary procedures and terminology.
• Excellent knowledge of administrative rules and budgetary procedures. Good knowledge of the New Financial Regulations.
• Good knowledge of computer tools, spreadsheets and MS Office applications.
• Excellent English and local languages. Knowledge of French an advantage.
• Excellent capacity to communicate clearly at all levels.
• Good ability for concise reporting.
• Good capacity to act as an effective representative of the Administration Section.
Intellectual skills: Problem solving & judgement
• Ability to identify and analyse key points in verbal and numerical information. Good research skills.
• Good capacity to maintain communication and information flow within a Section of diverse responsibilities (budget,
• Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands. Readiness to take decisions and initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should consult the Delegation’s website on http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home for the standard CV template to be used in the application.
• Eligibility – Open to all nationalities. Candidates will be recruited locally. Any-non-Ghanaian national must be in compliance with all local laws with regard to authorisation and work in Ghana.
• The application must be accompanied by a letter of motivation, clearly stating the position you are applying for , as well as a duly completed, standard Europass CV. The envelope must be clearly marked “VAC-2016-01-ADMINISTRATION”. Europass CV link: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home
Deadline for submission of application is 14 calendar days from the day of publication.
Address: The Delegation of the European Union to Ghana, The Round House, 81 Cantonments Road, P. O. Box 9505, KIA, Accra
Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. One Administrative Assistant – REF VAC-2016-01 ADMINISTRATION Delegation of the European Union to Ghana, The Round House, 81 Cantonments Road, Post Office Box: 9505 KIA, Accra
Telephone: (233) 302 774201/774094 Fax: (233) 302 774154
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 13 May, 2016