Posted on :
31 May, 2013
31 May, 2013
ExplainerDC (www.explainerdc.com.gh) is Ghana’s leading web development, internet marketing and web hosting company, established in 2001. We service more than 100 clients in Ghana and abroad such as Vodafone, The UN and Société Générale. Our projects range from corporate websites to information portals and marketing campaigns. We have also set up several e-ventures together with partners, such as YellowPages (www.yellowpages.com.gh) and RackAfrica, the first carrier-neutral data centre in West Africa (www.rackafrica.com).
We are currently looking for a Senior Web Developer
to be located in Accra, Ghana, with previous experience of leading a team within a formal software development environment. You must have a solid understanding of web technology, the software development lifecycle, Agile methodologies and be comfortable as part of a successful team. You need to be a great communicator, be full of enthusiasm and have a can-do attitude.
The responsibilities require an innovative, solution-oriented thinker with a clear ability to understand client business needs, in order to develop sound and creative web solutions. You must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to deliver product knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences. Proven organisational skills and ability to work in a prioritised way, on several simultaneous projects, are essential, as are an important focus on project delivery and the ability to cope under pressure.
It is an exciting time for the Internet in Africa. This is a great opportunity to live and work in Ghana, being part of and contributing to the growth of a leading African internet company which creates top web applications for the global market.
We will reward you with a competitive salary, health insurance, a performance bonus and the opportunity to share in the success of the company by owning shares.
Required Skills or Experience
• Strong product knowledge of Kentico CMS and Portal Engine, including E-commerce functionality, working in both ASPX and mixed mode (ASPX + Portal) environments;
• In-depth knowledge of web technologies and standards;
• ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, MVC;
• Database and ETL development;
• Daily experience of Version control tools and process;
• Producing technical specifications.
• Supervision of a development team, providing:
o Technical direction, review and approval of team members’ output;
o Creativity, general technical solutions and quality code;
o Accurate development estimates.
• To improve your own knowledge and acquire new skills through structured self-education, research and development;
• Maintain a high awareness of product and industry issues and trends within the team, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies.
Nice to Have
• Scrum/Agile experience;
• An understanding of web hosting and management;
• Knowledge of the Windows Server networking environment.
• Degree or equivalent;
• Kentico Certification;
• Microsoft certification desirable.
• 3 years+ in a corporate environment;
• International experience desirable.
• Microsoft Visual Studio IDE;
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
• Apache Subversion.
How To Apply
To apply please send a detailed application with your CV to Kojo Abedi,
Offer valid till: 30 Jun, 2013