ACET is an international not for profit organization with dual corporate registration in Ghana and the United States.
This organization is in the process of appointing auditors for the 2012 financial year. The Auditor will carry out its functions in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA) and report to the Board of ACET.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The auditor must consider among other things whether:
- ACET has kept proper accounting records;
- ACET’s balance sheet and income statement agree with the underlying accounting records;
- All the information and explanations that the auditor considers necessary for the purposes of the audit have been obtained and whether adequate returns for their audit have been received during the audit;
- ACET has complied with the relevant legislative requirements in respect of the necessary disclosures. If the entity has not made all the disclosures required the audit report should, if possible, contain a statement of the required particulars
- Any other assignments that will be requested by the board
Required Skills or Experience
Requirements for External Audit:
- Examination of the financial statements according to International Standards on Auditing and issue of an opinion thereon in relation to the IFRS
- Preparation of a memorandum on the review of internal and accounting controls and other matters arising from the audit which should be brought to the attention of the ACET Board and Management;
- Preparation to the ACET Board’s Finance Committee of the audit report and findings;
- Routine consultation with ACET’s finance team on developments in accounting, tax and new procurement policies promulgated by the government and other institutions and are considered applicable to ACET