MODEC Ghana limited is a limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ghana. Our core business is to provide operations and maintenance support to oil field companie.
Job Title: Marine Engineer
MODEC is seeking applications from enthusiastic, creative and fully suitably qualified Ghanaians for appointment into challenging, stimulating and exciting opportunities in the oil and gas industry in the following discipline:
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and repair campaigns
- Support Marine Engineering Requirements required for Daily 0 & M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
- Keeping abreast with industry developments with regards to operational inspection and maintenance of FPSO structures and realization of potential benefits to operations at the appropriate stage of technique maturity.
- Fulfill risk management support requirements by ensuring all risks in process systems, associated utilities and operations / maintenance tasks are identified and processes are established and implemented in line with the requirements of the Safety Case
- Assistance within area of expertise to provide guidance to tender specification development, sourcing, purchasing review and assistance with
- expediting where necessary.
Required Skills or Experience
- A suitable engineering degree preferably with chartered engineer status.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce
- Working knowledge of the ship classification process and the associated statutory survey requirements.
- Marine Engineering or Marine Architect experience with Tanker/FPSO inspection and repair knowledge.
- Experience in service repair activities.
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third party contactors and junior team members.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to the recruitment officer at; [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 1st March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
MODEC Ghana is an equal employment opportunity organisation.