Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP) and the European Commission presented, in Accra, the capital of Ghana, a new programme aimed at fighting corruption in the country.
With a grant from the European Commission in the amount of €13,000,000 and a planned duration of five years, the programme aims to promote good governance in the country by improving accountability and compliance with the rule of law, focusing mainly on transparency, the fight against corruption, and environmental governance.
Under the title ‘Ghana Anti-Corruption, Rule of Law and Accountability Programme (ARAP)’, the programme will be staffed by a team of four experts who will travel to Accra and work jointly with the European Union Delegation and the Ghanaian beneficiary institutions.
The programme is starting up at a moment at which Ghana is working intensely to consolidate a regulatory framework for fighting corruption. The country already has a solid legislative framework and its 1992 Constitution to work with. Moreover, diverse laws for addressing corruption offences recently entered into force that broaden the definition of ‘corruption’ in the penal code, environmental governance, and accountability.
Programme Officer – European Union Programme “Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Programme – ARAP”, in Ghana.
Job Title: Programme Officer
• FIIAPP is looking for a qualified candidate to work in the Accra co-ordination Unit, CU, as a Programme Officer
• The PO will provide support to ARAP stakeholders and the CU in order to design, implement and monitor ARAP activities
• He/She will draft terms of reference and concept/briefing notes, and will be responsible for daily supervision and management of the activities, ensuring the mobilization of human and financial resources needed
• Additionally, the PO will follow up the activities outcomes and will draft progress reports
• He/She is expected to liaise with stakeholders and represent ARAP in meetings, when necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advance University Degree
• At least 10 years experience in mid level or senior positions at large governance or anti-corruption programmes
• Previous experience in European Union Projects or with Ghana public bodies, will be an asset
• Fluency in written and oral english
• Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Location: Accra, with potential travel to the regions
How To Apply For The Job
Please send a CV in English to:
[email protected] indicating “CV ARAP Programme Officer”.
Closing Date: 10 November, 2016