Posted on :
16 May, 2012
16 May, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading food and beverage manufacturer to recruit a Food Safety Coordinator for its operations in Ghana.
The food safety coordinator will have the responsibility of Coordinating broad quality and food safety policies and procedures in the food processing facility, Coordinate projects as needed and support others within the group, including Supplier Quality Pro-grams and Safe Quality Foods Programs. The position is based in Tema.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Supervise and coordinates all activities within the microbiological laboratory
• Ensures retention samples are maintained of all finished products
• Ensures execution of controls of the plants HACCP program
• Ensure execution of the plants environmental monitoring program
• Ensures execution of the plants pest control program
• Investigates and reports food safety incidents
• Carries out general inspection of the whole factory and its environs to ensure compliance with hygiene standards
• Collates, checks, classifies and files all laboratory results for future reference
• Undertakes group reporting by presenting weekly and monthly reports to the plant QAM
• Ensures the full implementation of the QMS procedures related to QA and communicates proposed changes to the management rep. This includes the documentation and approval of procedures and work instructions, process forms, etc. as appropriate
• Ensures the proper organization and functioning of the microbiological lab in the factory
• Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment; documents status of each equipment in the microbiological laboratory
• Maintains the customer complaints database by investigating and following customer complaints or feedback; ensures timely close-out and communication with the customer
• Investigates process deviations relating to the HACCP system and including microbiological deviations in the process via the NCR database
• Ensures lab techs are trained and re-trained on microbiological procedures
• Assists in sensitizing workforce in hygiene and GMP standards
• Assists in the maintenance of various quality and food safety certification schemes of the factory
• Interprets conditions of service to and handles welfare problems of immediate subordinates in consultation with the HR department
• Administers disciplinary action to subordinates in consultation with the HR department
• Appraises the performance of subordinates
• Identifies the training needs of subordinates and organizes or recommends training for them
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry (Food Science)
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the same field.
• Excellent computer skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is required.
• Experience in Auditing, Inspections and Quality Assurance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Technical knowledge of food safety.
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]