The University of Health and Allied Sciences, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Transport Officer and Senior Assistant Transport Officer to take effect from 1st November, 2016.
Job Title: Transport Officer
Reporting to: Director of Works
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the process of developing a transport policy for the University;
- Manage the Transport Unit to, among others, streamline the processes for
- maintenance of University vehicles;
- monitoring of the fuel use of vehicles;
- monitoring of the use of University vehicles, and;
- training and development of University Drivers and Fleet staff.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate must have either:
- A Higher National Diploma or its equivalent and in addition the candidate must have Ten (10) years practical experience in a position of responsibility within a large transport organization. OR
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University with at least Eight (8) years working experience.
- Candidate must be computer literate.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences, P. O. Box PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (Hard copy); or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application Form (UAC FORM 3): Download Application Form for Junior and Senior Staff Positions
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 3-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 29th August, 2016.