The University of Health and Allied Sciences, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director of Procurement to take effect from 1st November, 2016.
Job Title: Director of Procurement
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
- Plans and draws up strategies to support and strengthen capacity requirement for an effective procurement system
- Plans and coordinates all activities of the procurement Directorate
- Prepares call for tenders and follow-up procedures in the management of any type of contract
- Establishes and negotiates contract terms and conditions as well as maintains supplier relationships
- Identifies procurement saving opportunities and implements agreed plans to achieve targets
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies, plans and budgets of the University.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a business field such as economics, logistics, supply chain management, purchasing and supply management, operations management, finance, mathematics or statistical analysis
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- A minimum of seven (7) years post qualification relevant work experience, four (4) of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution
- Knowledge of the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2003, (Act 663), Financial Administration Act 2003. (Act 654) and the Internal Audit Agency Act 2003. (Act 658) and other related legal frameworks
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages (proficiency in relevant IT applications)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Must possess negotiation, time management, judgment, communication, interpersonal and decision making skills
Mode of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (Hard copy); or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed Application Form UAB2: Application form for Administrative and Professional Staff
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 3-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 29th August, 2016.