Posted on :
28 Jul, 2016
28 Jul, 2016
St. Francis College of Education was the first catholic institution established in the Lower Volta Vicariate in 1908 by the German SCD missionaries on a parcel of land donated by Bla, Kpeme, and Abansi. It was then called St. Augustine’s College.
It was reopened the third time on 14th February, 1947 and named St. Francis’ College with St. Francis Xavier as the Patron Saint.
The College is now under the Episcopal jurisdiction of HO Diocese headed by His Lordship Most Rev. Francis Kofi Anani Lodonu.
Applications are invited for appointment to the position of Secretary of St. Francis’ College of Education, Hohoe a renowned Catholic Institution in Teacher Education.
Job Title: Principal
Applications are invited for appointment to the position of Principal of St. Francis’ College of Education, Hohoe a renowned Catholic Institution in Teacher Education.
The College Principal shall:
• Serve as the Academic, Administrative and Executive Head and Disciplinary Officer of the College;
• Be responsible for organizing and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the College;
• Ensure the implementation of the decisions of the Council;
• Exercise general supervisory authority over all staff and students ofthe College;
• Be responsible for admission of students, preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council, providing Council with returns, reports and other relevant information as required, etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
• Have a relevant Researched Master’s Degree or PhD;
• Rank not below Senior Lecturer OR Deputy Director in the Ghana Education Service (GES);
• Have post qualification teaching and research experience in a tertiary institution;
• Have relevant post-qualification experience in a Senior Management position of at least five (5) years;
• Exhibit proven leadership skills and experience at the tertiary education level
• Not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
How to Apply For the Job
The prospective candidate must provide:
• A written Application;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Names, Addresses, Telephone Contact and e-mail addresses of three referees;
• A two page vision statement for the College;
which should reach the following address by Friday, August 19th 2016.
The Search Committee
St. Francis’ College of Education
P.O. Box 100
Or by email to:-
Closing Date: 19 August, 2016