Posted on :
2 Sep, 2016
2 Sep, 2016
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Director of Operations in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
• The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Director with data verification, analysis, and management and manage M&E data collection from one of the project’s three field offices. This position will also have an office management role of the satellite office, which includes ensuring the office is functional and fully supports field staff, activities and overall work flows. This position will report directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Director.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collect, analyse and verify M&E data, which require frequent travel;
• Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Director with data verification, analysis, and management;
• Provide M&E training and support to technical teams;
• Contribute to baseline assessments;
• Monitor data for results, impact and learning opportunities, and evaluates the results and impact of the program;
• Ensure productive, positive office operations and smooth reporting from the field office;
• Trouble shoot any internet connectivity and equipment issues;
• Manage use of vehicles, vehicle logs and gas procurement;
• Communicate office needs to the project’s Senior Operations and Human Resources Manager;
• Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers of additional project satellite offices;
• Prepare periodic reports;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Msc. in any relevant field (or equivalent with additional professional experience).
• Minimum five years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated success managing and entering data into complex databases.
• Experience working with communities, government entities, and NGOs.
• USAID experience highly desired.
• Experience in the NRM sector and NGOs in Northern Ghana is a plus.
• Strong skills in data collection, analysis and management.
• Fluency in English is required.
Location: Wa, Bolgatanga, and Sandema
How To Apply For The Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected] , indicating “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 15 September, 2016
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.