World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Job Title: Project Officer –Education & Life Skills
To coordinate the implementation and monitoring of Education and Life Skills projects within the Cluster through capacity building, networking, partnership and participation of children and community leaders
- The position is based in Krachi Cluster with regular level of domestic travels.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Krachi Cluster Manager.
- Carry out needs assessment and reviews in communities to determine development interventions that are required and are consistent with WV Ghana strategic plan
- Coordinate the preparation of Education and Life Skills projects plans and budgets within the cluster.
- Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative Education and Life Skills data and information for input into Horizon and CWBT report.
- Build capacity of Development Facilitators, volunteers, communities, Church and Government partners and other partners in Education and Life Skills issues.
- Participate in children mapping and monitoring processes in communities to ensure participation of children (including RC and the most vulnerable) and their families in AP activities.
- Facilitate communication between RC and their sponsors and ensure that Sponsorship Key Performance indicators are met in the different APs forming the cluster.
- Participate in RC registering, monitoring and data processing for marketing.
- Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in Education and Life Skills projects and their impact areas within the cluster.
- Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on Education and Life Skills activities, outputs and outcomes in Aps communities.
- Ensure effective representation of World Vision at the Cluster level related to Education & Life Skills and report on them to the Programme Manager.
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- A degree in Education preferably Social science, Arts-Languages, psychology or early childhood. or related field.
- Three years (3) years in the working on an Education Project
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Proven ability to communicate on Education and Life Skills topics with diverse groups i.e. GES at the local levels, Partners, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support in the development and roll out of Education and Life Skills programs/projects.
- Good development and facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.