Ecom Agroindustrial Corp. Ltd is a global commodity trading and processing company specializing in coffee, cotton, and cocoa in major producing and consuming countries, with other ancillary agricultural operations and products. Ecom is one of the world’s top three merchants in coffee, one of the largest coffee millers in the world, and among the top five merchants in both cotton and cocoa. Sustainability at Ecom means focusing on improving farm productivity and product quality, leading in turn to lower costs and higher incomes. Ecom’s goal is for farmers to better coffee, cocoa, and cotton farming and to provide opportunities for dignified and profitable livelihoods for generations to come.
Job Title: Accountant Controller
Country: Ghana (Kumasi)
Reporting to: Head of Finance WAF
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Lead activities associated with process improvements, timely reporting and the development of appropriate systems to ensure that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet the company’s long and short-term objectives.
Education, Prior Work Experience, Specialized Skills /Knowledge
- Accounting/Finance degree Qualified Chartered Accountant/Chartered Financial Analyst/ MBA in Finance/ Member of ICWA/CFA/CIMA.
- Proven experience of at least 10 years in Accounting.
- Strong experience in leading a team of 30 people.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
- IT savvy (Oracle, SAP, SAGE)
- Must have strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills.