Posted on :
5 Oct, 2016
5 Oct, 2016
The University of Cape Coast is one of the rare sea front universities in the world. It was established in October, 1962 as a University College and placed in a special relationship with the University of Ghana, Legon.
On October 1, 1971, the College attained the status of a full and independent University, with the authority to confer its own degrees, diplomas and certificates by an Act of Parliament – The University of Cape Coast Act, 1971 [Act 390] and subsequently the University of Cape Coast Law, 1992 [PNDC Law 278].
The University was established out of a dire need for highly qualified and skilled manpower in education to provide leadership and enlightenment. Its original mandate was therefore to train graduate professional teachers for Ghana’s second cycle institutions and the Ministry of Education, in order to meet the manpower needs of the country’s accelerated education programme at the time. Today, with the expansion of some of its faculties and the diversification of programmes, the University has the capacity to meet the manpower needs of other ministries and industries in the country, besides that of the Ministry of Education.
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified, competent, experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the following position
Job Title: Director(Directorate of Directorate of Academic Affairs)
• Reporting to the Registrar, you will head the Directorate of Academic Affairs.
• You will ensure the smooth execution of operational matters such as management of student records, admissions, registration, time-tabling, examinations, declaration of results and issuing of transcripts.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants for this position should have post-graduate qualifications in their respective fields.
• He/She should have 10 years of post-qualification senior level experience as practitioners in their fields and have considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills and be able to function within the Higher Education Sector.
• High-level analytical skills, business sense as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues and challenges in top-level University management and administration are critical.
• Such experience and capacity need not have been gained in the University environment, but must reflect the requisite skills and knowledge. The ideal candidates must be performance driven and keen to achieve results. The holder should serve on the relevant statutory University Boards and Committees.
• Interested applicants must have served as DR/Deputy Director in a university or analogous institution for a minimum of four (4) years.
• Two Year Post-graduate degree in Administration in Higher Education, Public Administration or related disciplines and relevant academic sector experience are required.
Location: Cape Coast
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the DHR or from the University website: www.ucc.edu.gh) and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents and a Three-Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address
Closing Date: 31 October, 2016