World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
People & Culture Officer, Bolgatanga – Job Summary
This position provides fully cycle human resources support to line managers and staff within the Bolga. The position reports to the Regional Manager and the People & Culture Director.
- Employee Relations 15%
- Advises and counsels the regional Team and line managers on people related issues.
- Provide interpretation & application of policies, procedures, terms and conditions of service, etc. to all employees.
- Support the Regional Operations Team in handling and managing employee relations matters, behaviors and issues in close coordination with other stakeholders
- Reporting 5%
- Submit monthly, semi-annual and annual Regional People & Culture Report.
- Submit a quarterly report on the administration and management of the internship / national services personnel programs within their respective areas of operations to the P&C Manager / L&D.
- Learning & Development 5%
- Collate learning and development needs within the Regional Office for incorporation into the annual learning & development operational plan.
- Monitor and report staff that have participated and benefitted from the annual training plan for P&C Manager / L&D records.
- Performance Management 10%
- Manage the regional staff employee appraisal process and ensure that the performance of staff is monitored and documented.
- Provide support line managers and staff on the preparation of mid-term and annual performance appraisals.
- Submit mid-term and end of appraisal reports to P&C Manager / L&D, TM and EE.
- Adhere to WVI standard Performance Management timelines.
- Provide the required coaching and support for new hires and ensure probationary reviews are completed on a timely manner and results and recommendations are communicated properly to the concerned parties.
- Work with staff to complete contract appraisals for contract staff and support contract renewal/separation processes in close coordination and within the guidelines and approvals of the Regional Manager and P&C Director.
- Employee Welfare 10%
- Liaise with Regional Office and ADPs in the administration of various types of leaves as: annual and sick leave and ensure all leaves are properly kept within Our People system.
- Support staff welfare and social activities at the Regional & ADPs level.
- Support the implementation of Employee Engagement activities as per the Our Voice Action Plan and ensure staff participation and completion of the annual Staff Engagement and Pulse Check Survey.
- Ensure proper medical support and guidance is provided to field staff and their dependents.
- Risk Management and Controls 10%7.
- Networking 5%
- Support Regional management and ADP managers to ensure full compliance with Child protection policy.
- Ensure employee files are accurate and well managed and always kept under lock and key.
- Responsible for People & Culture information management system (PCIS) at the regional & ADPs. Ensure data is always accurate and up –to-date.
- Ensure proper implementation of P&C field audit findings.
- Follow up and ensure that all P&C internal controls are applied within their respective area of responsibility.
- Promote effective networks within WV through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Liaise properly with external agencies such as but not limited to social security unit, labor office, tax office, and other local authorities. Ensure they reflect the right organizational image for all stakeholders.
- Leadership/ Strategic Management 10%
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure effective implementation of people & culture initiatives at the regional & ADPs in close coordination with P&C Director.
- Participate in annual and quarter P&C planning meetings and take part in designing the annual business plan.
- Induction and Orientation 5%
- Ensure new hires are properly oriented at the beginning of their assignment and conduct annual orientation update to existing staff at the regional and ADP level.
- Internship 5%
- Handle and manage internship / national service personnel programs and assignments in their respective regionals and ADPs as per WV Ghana policy.
- Ensure the hiring and selection of interns / national service personnel are within the established guidelines and selection criteria and the request has been approved by the ADP Manager and OBTL.
- Ensure the Terms of Reference (TOR) is properly drafted and communicated with the interns /NSP so that both parties will have a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities as well as the expected outcomes.
- Compensation 5%
- Ensure timely monthly pay slips are shared, signed and properly filed.
- Support OBTL and ADP Managers in addressing issues related to WV Total Rewards Philosophy (Compensation and Benefits).
- Consult and closely coordinate with the P&C Director on any advice / recommendation when it comes to staff salaries and benefits.
- Workforce Planning and Recruitment 5%
- Support the ADP and Regional Managers in conducting annual demand / supply analysis and workforce planning highlighting the current workforce composition, retirees, rotations, etc. in close coordination and as per the advice and recommendations of the P&CD.
- Support the Regional Operations Team (ADPs and Projects) in the selection and hiring of Drivers and Security Staff, and make sure the interview report is submitted to the P&C Manager – Recruitment within the next 24 hours as per the recruitment guidelines.
- Child Protection 5%
- Ensure Child Protection Policy is compiled properly and in the file of each employee.
- Ensure staffs are familiar with the Child Protection incident reporting mechanism
- Ensure all staff in their zone have received the required Child Protection Awareness Training and a refresher workshop is given at least once every year to all the Regional / ADPs team
- Champion Child Safe Organization Practices (i.e. ensure children are not hired to execute WV projects, report any case of child abuse, etc…).
Required Skills or Experience
Bachelor degree in human resources management, business administration, general management or any other related field.
- 3 years of experience in human resources position
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to take and lead new initiatives
- Good communications and mediations skills
- Good organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meeting the required deadlines.
- Team player with a caring personality to adhere to staff care needs
- Ability to demonstrate life/work balance and encourage others to do so
- Ability to advise and coach others, when necessary.
- Ability to travel within the areas of operations
How To Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to [email protected]
. The deadline for submission of application is 30 June, 2015.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.