Posted on :
10 Nov, 2016
10 Nov, 2016
Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Job Title: Regional Field Officer Agent
Serve as the primary contact for regional and district education officers for the implementation of a culture of reading campaign, liaising with district education officers, schools, and communities to ensure smooth delivery and coordination of trainings and activities. This position is located in Accra, Ghana. This position reports to
• Develop, in collaboration with the Education Specialist, work plans to ensure that culture of reading and indicator targets are met.
• Work with districts and circuit officers to ensure quality control in culture of reading campaigns; effiective discubursemt andn utilisation of grants monitoring and evaluation at the local level.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Science or a related discipline
• 2 Years experience of working in education and or community development
• At least 3 years experience working for an international NGO in education, preferably in the implementation of program activities
• Prior experience liaising with and/or supporting program implementation with Ministry of Education structures in the Ghana
• Fluent English and and a Ghanaian language
• Clear written and verbal communication abilities
• Complete mastery of MS word and MS excel, and ability to communicate by e-mail
• Proven organizational skills
• Ability to be based in a Regional capital
• Availability to travel both within the assigned region and to Accra as needed
This is a local Ghana position. The salary, currency and benefits (if applicable) follow EDC’s Ghana’s policies and standards. There is no relocation available with this position.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.