Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally. Over 1,000 networks in more than 175 countries utilize our network equipment and 40 percent of all mobile calls are made through our systems. We are one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards.
Front Office Engineer-00040228
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility for service alarm monitoring and alarm management for all network services, 1st level fault restoration and configuration management of the network within the scope of work delegated by work area responsible Shift Leader/ Incident Manager.
- 1st Level service quality surveillance and alarm handling.
- 1st Level service problem restoration.
- Preventive service maintenance.
- Executing system configuration changes as per given right.
- Trouble Ticket Handling.
- Work Order Handling.
- Change Request handling.
- Report Handling.
- Configuration management of network elements and assigned nodes
- System back up of nodes.
- Resolution of subscriber complaints and root cause analysis.
- Coordinating with the interfaces for the Implementation of new products and testing
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- Experience in shift related work (Front office shift duties)
- At least 1-3 years experience in telecoms, particularly in a field operations and maintenance
- Deep knowledge of customer network and infrastructure will be a key advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- Open approach to solving problems and dealing with new proposals.
- Thorough and methodical approach to work.
- Able to work to tight time scales.
- Good knowledge in Access-, Core, Transport, Service Layer and Revenue management Networks.
- Good knowledge about field operation processes and interfaces, with understanding of network implementation / integration processes.
Interested candidates for this position should apply online at www.ericsson.com/careers and search jobs by country ‘Ghana’ to be considered for this exciting role.
- Closing date for submission of applications is 3rd June 2011.
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.