Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), in partnership with its Danish counterpart, the NGO Ghana Friends, is to implement the “Communities united in fighting child Hunger” project.
This is a two-and-half year project from March 2017 to September 2020.
The project aims to improve child nutrition through working with households, education and other stakeholders in the project area to use sustainable strategies in the production, processing and utilisation of foodstuff.
The project is located in the Northern Region of Ghana and will be operating in three districts namely, Karaga, Mion and Saboba.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- The Programme Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for day-to-day coordination and implementation of project activities.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that project activities are planned in accordance with the project document and continuously monitor and evaluate the project progress and impact. Furthermore, he/she will work closely with the field facilitator and participate in implementation such as organising/conducting trainings and facilitation of project activities.
- It is the responsibility of the Project Coordinator – in collaboration with the CLIP Manager – to ensure smooth and effective coordination with the E4L district teams and other E4L staff regarding their part in implementation and ensure that lessons are gathered and shared on all activities related to the project.
- Further, the Project Coordinator is responsible for liaising with and involving district and local authorities as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- The position will be based at the CLIP office in Tamale with the major part of the work taking place in the three project districts.
- The Project Coordinator will supervise the field facilitator to be employed for the project and will report to the CLIP Programme Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree in nutrition, agriculture, development studies, or other relevant qualification from a recognised university.
- At least three years post of qualification experience in project management, and experience in working with agribusiness, child nutrition, community development, and/or facilitating social mobilisation and engagement.
- Must have experience in project coordination and staff management, and be able and prepared to ride a motorcycle for long distances in rural comm unities to undertake their work.
How to Apply
Qualified and -interested applicants should download an application form through this link Field Facilitator application form or Project coordinator application form.
Alternatively, applicants can obtain the application form by clicking on “Vacancies” on the GDCA website www.gdcaghana.org or by sending a request or other enquiries to email@example.com.
Completed application forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications made with the application form will be considered.
Deadline for the submission of application forms: 23:59 GMT, January 19,2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.