Posted on :
5 Jul, 2016
5 Jul, 2016
The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E The President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 613, 2002 of Parliament. Its mandate is to provide support, guidance and leadership for the national response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
As portrayed in its institutional motto, “Working actively and in partnership to combat HIV and AIDS”, the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide-range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-gevernmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
Mission The Ghana AIDS Commission, as the highest policy making body on HIV and AIDS, provides effective and efficient leadership in coordination of all programmes and activities of all stakeholders (MDAs, Private Sector, Development Partners and Civil Society) in the Fight against HIV and AIDS through advocacy, joint planning, monitoring and evaluation for the eventual elimination of the disease. undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
The Ghana AIDS Commission has vacancy for the under-listed position and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration.
Job Title: Projects Officer
Objective of Position
• To undertake activities involved in processing of sub-projects and reporting on their implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists in performing specific activities elated to advertisement for sub-projects, their receipt and processing
• Supports the Preparation of sub-project proposals for evaluation by the Independent Proposal Review and Appraisal Committee (IPRAC)
• Sees to the proper custody of all sub-project documents including proposals and reports
• Assists in the coordination of evaluation of sub-project reports by external Consultants
• Assists in the organization of programme review meeting
• Supports in the planning and organization of Technical Working Group (TWG) meetings
• Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in Business / Public Administration, the Social Sciences, Development Studies or the Health Sciences
• Must have completed one year of post degree National Service
How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below:
The Director General
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Or email us:
Or Tel: 0302-919259
Closing Date: 08 July, 2016