The Ghana AIDS Commission (GAC) was established by the Act of Parliament (Act 613) in 2002. Under section 9 of Act 613, regional and districts offices of GAC are to be established and each office shoud be provided with public officers by President acting in accordance with the advice of the Commission given in consultation with the Public Services Commission.
Job Title: Technical Coordinators
RECRUITMENT FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT UNITS (TSUS) AT THE UPPER EAST AND UPPER WEST REGIONS
To strengthen the HIV response at the regional and district levels in the GAC, Development Partners and Stakeholders have agreed to the establishment of Technical Support Units (TSUs) in all the ten regional capitals. This has been ratified by the Commission. The Government of Ghana, Development Partners and Stakeholders have declared their commitment to the process.
The Ghana AIDS Commission therefore has vacancies for the Technical Coordinator and invites applications from persons.
Objective of Position:
To perform activities involved in the planning and co-ordination of the technical services of the Commission under the direction and supervision of the Director of Technical Services and in partnership with the Regional AIDS Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the decentralized technical activities at the level of the Regional TSU.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of decentralized sub-project processes.
- Undertake activities related to planning and coordinating the provision of technical services to people affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Assist in coordinating activities in the promotion of behaviour changes and dissemination of information via IEC/BCC materials.
- Document Technical Assistant/Technical Support (TA/TS) needs at the regional and district levels; such requests shall be sought by the GAC from institutions/consultants with the requisite skills to fill he TA/TS gaps, while building local capacity.
- Coordinate capacity building and training for key implementers (MMDAs, private sector, civil society, traditional structures and community leaders etc) at the decentralized level.
- Organize quarterly coordination meetings involving all key actors at the regional level and facilitate same at the district level in partnership with the District AIDS Committee.
- Lead district and regional level planning exercises including operational planning in line with the NSP 2011 – 2015.
- Track all district releases of the 0.5% of District Common Fund and report to the Regional for action.
- Facilitate resource mobilization at the regional and district levels for the local HIV response from the private sector, individuals and donor partners.
- Support all regional and district level surveillance, operational research and surveys to generate strategic information both from the general population and most at risk populations.
- Assist in coordinating preparation of quarterly technical reports from the region and its designated districts.
- Under take any activities as directed by the Director
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have an advanced degree in Social or Medical Sciences (MSc. MPH, etc) with requisite experience or knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS, its prevention, treatment, clinical and/or community level management.
- Must have experience in Project Management.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification working experience in the Public, Private or NGO sector
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong administrative and managerial competencies;
- Leadership, planning and analytical skills;
- Considerable technical knowledge and commitment to HIV/AIDS issues;
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Adequate knowledge of public service administrative and financial regulations.
- Proficiency in use of computer and internet skills.
How To Apply
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below:
The Director General
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital